Snow in UK – latest travel advice
This page contains the latest travel advice for all passengers due to travel from 18 December to 27 December (inclusive).
A message from our Managing Director if you are due to travel on the 26th or 27th December 2010:
Following the severe travel disruption last weekend and the ongoing impacts this week, we understand that clients due to travel in the next few days will be concerned about joining their holidays.
At the time of writing (December 24th at 11am) all the major UK airports are open and operating, with some delays caused by aircraft being out of position and disruptive weather conditions in the rest of Europe.
However, please allow plenty of time to travel to your departure airport, as local transport networks may be affected by snow delays. It also looks likely there will be significant disruption to tube services in London due to strike action announced this morning.
Please note our opening times over the next few days:
Sunday 26th December (Boxing Day)
Please note that unless there are significant airport closures and disruption we are not currently planning to have staff in the Exodus Office on Boxing Day.
We will be providing 24 hour Emergency Cover on the following number: 01582 644100 (International: +44 1582 644100)
In a genuine emergency the staff on this number will be able to offer advice and support.
Monday 27th December and Tuesday 28th December
Please note that the Exodus Office will be staffed between 10am and 4pm.
For assistance and advice, please call Sales on 0845 863 9606 or Customer Operations on 0845 863 9643.
We will also be providing 24 hour Emergency Cover outside these times on the following number: 01582 644100 (International: +44 1582 644100)
We expect that travel in the next few days will be challenging but we are confident that the vast majority of our passengers will reach their destinations, and we wish you a great holiday and a Happy Christmas.
Previous messages: Travel from 21 December to 27 December.
A message from our Managing Director for passengers due to travel between 21 December and 27 December.
Following the severe travel disruption on Saturday 18th December and Sunday 19th December, we understand that clients due to travel in the coming days will be concerned about joining their holidays. While further disruptive weather is expected, all passengers should still continue to the airport as planned. Please note the following advice:
- Please allow plenty of time to travel to your departure airport, as local transport networks may be affected by snow delays.
- If you think you may have missed your flight due to local travel delays, you should continue to the airport as quickly as possible and contact the airline about re-booking yourself on to an alternative flight. If you have missed your flight and no alternative is available, please check your travel insurance policy, as cover may be available.
- Please proceed to your departure airport unless you have confirmed information that your flight is cancelled. Even if an airport suffers a temporary closure, you must travel to the airport, as you flight may be delayed rather than cancelled.
- If Exodus are advised of a flight cancellation, we will endeavour to contact all passengers as soon as possible, but we strongly recommend you check the status of your flight on the airline's or the airport's website before setting off. Please note that we may not be advised of any changes before you arrive at the airport.
- If your flight is delayed in departing or you are re-booked by the airline to an alternative flight, you must contact Exodus so we can advise our local agents of your arrival times.
- If you booked your holiday on a Flight Inclusive basis and your flight is cancelled, and you are unable to travel within 12 hours of your original departure time, please contact Exodus to discuss your alternatives.
- Land Only clients who are unable to travel should advise Exodus and contact their travel insurance provider for details of what they might be able to claim.
While travel in the next few days may be challenging we are confident that the vast majority of our passengers will reach their destinations, and we would like to take this opportunity to wish you a great holiday and a happy Christmas.
Travel on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 December
A message from our Managing Director for passengers who were due to travel on the weekend of 18 and 19 December:
We are very sorry if you were unable to travel on your scheduled flight over the weekend of 18th and 19th December. The disruption to many British airports had a massive impact on what was one of the busiest weekends of the year for departing Exodus clients. Although we drafted in extra staff on Saturday and Sunday it was simply not possible for us to deal with the volume of calls we received, and it was equally difficult to get reliable and up to date information from the airports and airlines. This is not the sort of client service we aspire to and I would like to apologise to anyone who struggled to make contact with us.
Due to the time of year and ongoing extreme adverse weather conditions, we expect the vast majority of flights to be fully booked for many days to come. This will mean that most of you will not be able to complete your holidays.
Flight Inclusive Passengers: If you have been unable to travel we will do our best to offer you a suitable alternative Exodus holiday in the future. You may transfer your money towards the cost of that holiday and we will simply refund any surplus, or charge you the difference if the new holiday is more expensive than the original. As a gesture of goodwill, we will also offer a discount of 5% off the holiday price if you re-book before the 15th January.
(Please note that this offer is only open to clients who were unable to travel due to the weather conditions over the weekend of the 18th and 19th December).
If you cannot find a suitable alternative holiday we will happily refund flight inclusive package clients the full invoiced amount of their holiday. While the office will be open over the Christmas period, due to the volume of clients we are currently trying to assist and the ongoing operational problems, it is unlikely to be possible to process refunds for the majority of passengers until the first week of January. We do apologise for this potential delay but we guarantee to refund as soon as we are able to in January.
Our sales staff will be available on the following dates over the holiday season to check availability and help you choose the holiday that is right for you: 21-24 Dec, 27-31 Dec, and 2 Jan onwards - for full opening times, please see our News page.
Land Only Passengers: Customers who booked on a Land Only or 'no flights' basis who were unable to travel should contact their insurance company to discuss any claims.
We are all very sorry for the disruption, frustration and disappointment that this period of extreme weather has caused and hope that you all manage to get away on holiday at the earliest possible opportunity either over the next few weeks or later next year.
Exodus opening times and contact details
Details of our opening hours over the Christmas period are available here.
For assistance and advice, please call: Customer Operations on 0845 863 9643 until 6pm weekdays, or Sales on 0845 863 9606 until 8pm.