Exodus, the environment and responsible tourism
As tourism becomes a truly global industry, we recognise our obligation to operate our tours in a responsible and sustainable fashion. We view this not only as an environmental issue but an economic and social one as well. Above all we are committed to the well-being of the communities that are our hosts and the natural environment that we are there to experience. We also believe that by following these policies we can provide a more rewarding and interesting experience to you our clients.
The following are the key points in our philosophy:
- Small groups have less impact on local communities and environments.
- Where possible we believe in putting money directly into the communities we visit by using locally owned and run accommodation and eating locally produced food.
- We are careful to ensure that local staff and operators receive a fair rate for their services.
- We encourage our own staff to take an active interest in responsible and sustainable tourism and train them accordingly so that they can put our policies into practice.
- We endeavour to ensure that our practices help in the environmental conservation of the areas we visit.
- We provide our clients with advice and guidelines on how to respect the social, cultural and religious beliefs of local communities.
See our Responsible Tourism pages for more information.