Product Executive (Asia) - offer closed 21/01/08
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Asian Product & Operations team. Liasing with overseas suppliers, tour leaders and internal departments, your primary focus will involve the planning and scheduling of itineraries within a sub-region of Asia, the production of all pre and post sale literature relating to those itineraries, maintaining and building relationships with suppliers and the management of trip operations. You will need to have good written and verbal skills, be well travelled and a good team player. Experience of the adventure travel market or a travel product management role is preferable.
Based: Balham, London SW12
Reporting to: Asia Product & Operations Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary: £20-26,000 (plus bonus), depending on experience.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce completed product (trips) within sub-region to the deadlines set for all brochures.
- Follow the brief of the Programme or Regional Manager when creating new product or amending existing product.
- Proactively suggest and research new product areas within sub-region.
- Develop relationship with overseas suppliers, including overseas visits and UK meetings.
- Manage airline allocations in conjunction with the Regional Manager and Aviation team.
- Produce all necessary pre and post sale information and ensure that it remains up to date.
- Maintain operational quality within sub-region (in conjunction with the Regional Manager).
- Check all client questionnaires and leader report forms and trigger any necessary action.
- Work with the Customer Service team in dealing with any complaints relating to the specific sub-region.
- Provide regular feedback to operators and leaders.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Understanding of MS Office Packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Geographical expertise within a specific sub-region of Asia, Oceania and/or the Middle East (e.g. South East Asia or Central Asia).
- Well travelled with a passion and commitment to Responsible Tourism.
- Previous experience within the travel industry, especially within a product, operations or leading role is a distinct advantage.
- Expertise within a specific activity or area (e.g. Walking & trekking, Cycling, Wildlife etc) is an advantage.
Working hours and benefits
- Full time (9:30am to 5:30pm, Mon-Fri).
- 20 days holiday per annum (rising 1 day per year after 3 years service to 25 days).
- Emergency Cover, including office cover on Saturdays (approx. 4/5 Saturdays per annum).
- Occasional evening or weekend work where applicable (e.g. travel shows).
- Overseas travel related to position.
- First Choice/TUI Pension Scheme after qualifying period.
- Concessions on Exodus holidays and with other TUI companies.
If you are interested please send your CV and covering letter to:
Emma Garrick (Asia Product & Operations Manager)
Exodus Travels Ltd,
London SW12 0NE
NB: Application deadline Tue 8th January 2008
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held at our London office.
The specific sub-region will be determined by candidate experience.