Vacancy offer now closed
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Product Department. Liasing with overseas suppliers, tour leaders and internal departments, your primary focus will involve the planning and scheduling of itineraries within Long Haul, the production of all pre and post sale literature relating to those itineraries, maintaining and building relationships with suppliers and the management of trip operations. You will need to have excellent written and verbal skills, be well travelled and a good team player. Experience of the adventure travel market or a travel product management role is preferable.
Based: Balham, London SW12
Reporting to: Long Haul Product Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary: £21-26,000 depending on experience.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Produce completed product (trips) within sub-region to the deadlines set for all brochures.
- Follow the brief of the Programme or Product Manager when creating new product or amending existing product.
- Proactively suggest and research new product areas within sub-region.
- Develop relationship with overseas suppliers, including overseas visits and UK meetings.
- Manage airline allocations in conjunction with the Product Manager and Aviation team.
- Produce all necessary pre and post sale information and ensure that it remains up to date.
- Maintain operational quality within sub-region (in conjunction with the Product Manager).
- Check all client questionnaires and leader report forms and trigger any necessary action.
- Keep all necessary Health & Safety literature up-to-date.
- Work with the Customer Service team in dealing with any complaints relating to the specific sub-region.
- Provide regular feedback to operators and leaders.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Understanding of MS Office Packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Geographical expertise within a specific sub-region. Knowledge of Africa a distinct advantage.
- Well travelled with a passion and commitment to Responsible Tourism.
- Previous experience within the travel industry, especially within a product, operations or leading role is a distinct advantage.
- Expertise within a specific activity or area (e.g. Walking & trekking, Cycling, Wildlife etc).
- Excellent written communication skills.
Working hours and benefits
- Full time (9:30am to 5:30pm, Mon-Fri).
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising 1 day per year after 3 years service to 28 days).
- Emergency Cover, including ‘pager’ duty at weekends (approx. 4/5 weekends per annum).
- Occasional evening or weekend work where applicable (e.g. travel shows).
- Overseas travel related to position.
- First Choice/TUI Pension Scheme after qualifying period.
- Concessions on Exodus holidays and with other TUI companies.
If you are interested please email or send your CV and covering letter to:
Dan Cockburn, Long Haul Product Manager
Exodus Travels Ltd,
London SW12 0NE
NB: Application deadline Fri 9th July 2010
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held at our London office.