Specialist Sales Administrator - Offer now closed (04/02/08)
Job Title: Specialist Sales Administrator
Reports to: Specialist Sales Executive
Salary: details on application
Closing date : 31/ 01 / 08
Overall Role Purpose
Administrative and operational support to the Specialist Sales team, ensuring efficient and accurate administration of Polar and Groups bookings.
- All administrative work to process the booking: confirming the booking onto the reservation system; processing the payment and sending full confirmation packs to the clients.
- Confirming and Managing pre/post tour hotels for all Polar trips and arranging trip extensions if required.
- Liasing with accounts re payment of invoices for ground arrangements to all suppliers, ensuring all invoices are paid on time.
- Liasing with the flights department re allocation requests and management of any committed seat allocation.
- Actioning schedule changes. Written communication to be sent to client and ground arrangements amended as necessary.
- Organising medical forms and ensuring client details are kept up-to-date.
- Produce/amend additional client information as required (Trip Notes for groups bookings + general info etc.)
- Writing final joining instructions for all Polar trips and Photographic safaris.
- Sending accurate timely information to the clients once booking has been made including tickets and documentation.
- Emailing passenger manifest to operator before trip departure, confirming passenger details, flights, transfers and ground arrangements.
- Assisting with monthly reports if required.
- Overflow to answering calls during busy periods. Covering leave and time away from the office for the specialist sales team.
- Normal office working hours, of 0930-1730, Monday to Friday - times may vary occasionally to suit operational needs.
- Slideshows / Promotions / Exhibitions - adhoc support of slideshows and exhibitions.
Person Specification/Key Requirements
Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team.
Ability to work to deadlines.
The capacity to learn about our product and the reservation system.
A pleasant and friendly telephone manner.
Basic Excel knowledge.
Some experience of Amadeus or a similar CRS would be an advantage
Enthusiasm for the Exodus product.
- Knowledge of Polar regions and East Africa (especially Kenya and the Masai Mara.)
- Previous tour operator experience in an administrator role.
Please post or email your CV, along with a covering letter detailing your experience and current salary to:
Vanessa Fowler or Renee Neal
Exodus Travels Limited,
Grange Mills, Weir Road,
London SW12 0NE
Closing date : 31/ 01 / 08
No telephone enquiries please.
NB: Interviews will be held at our London office.
Due to the high response rate to positions at Exodus, we will only contact succesful candidates.