Get Set for the Summer!
Booking a summer holiday can end up being one of those tasks which never quite makes it to the top of the ‘to do’ list until quite late in the day. So, for those of you who err on the side of spontaneity, we’ve put together some suggestions for this summer.
If you like to arrive at your destination, unpack and then not re-pack until it’s time to go home, one of our centre-based trips is ideal. Accommodation such as the ever-popular Cortijo Rosario in Spain or Braccicorti in Italy is set in the heart of Europe’s most scenic areas so you can expect to be wowed by the views as you relax each evening as well as when you are out in it during the day. One of our favourite parts of Italy is the Dolomites which offers numerous opportunities for walking and Via Ferrata amongst its instantly recognisable towering peaks. Or how about Slovenia – we have trips to suit every interest from the excitement of white water rafting, different grades of trek in the Julian Alps to leisurely exploration.
- Tuscan Delights - Trip Code: ADT
- Walking in Tuscany - Trip Code: TDT
- Classic Dolomites - Trip Code: TWU
- Walking in the Western Dolomites - Trip Code: TEI
- Alta Via Trek - Trip Code: TWJ
- Classic Dolomites - Trip Code: TWU
- Introduction to Via Ferrata - Trip Code: TEZ
- Via Ferrata in the Northern Dolomites - Trip Code: TEF
- Via Ferrata Tour - Trip Code: TWK
- Slovenia: Wines, Caves & Coastline - Trip Code: AVY
- Lakes & Mountains of Slovenia - Trip Code: TVL
- Slovenia Whitewater - Trip Code: AVQ
North Africa & The Middle East
Even though Morocco nestles surprisingly close to Europe, going there is like stepping into another world. Lose yourself in the maze of streets in Marrakech, go trekking in the rolling Atlas Mountains or have an adventure in the Sahara Desert. Or how about setting foot in the Middle East? The stunning rock-cut city of Petra in Jordan is a very good place to start.
- Marrakech, Mountains & Coast - Trip Code: AMG
- Highlights of Morocco - Trip Code: AMH
- Marrakech & The Sahara - Trip Code: AMS
- Mount Toubkal climb - Trip Code: TMM
- Atlas Panorama - Trip Code: TMP
- Peaks & Valleys of the Atlas - Trip Code: TMT
- Mount Toubkal Long Weekend - Trip Code: TMY
- Petra & Wadi Rum Long Weekend - Trip Code: AXA
- Petra & Palmyra- Trip Code: AXJ
- A Week in Jordan - Trip Code: AXW
The UK summer coincides with the long dry season across much of sub-Saharan Africa, making it the perfect time to go on safari. As the season progresses, the number of water holes reduces, resulting in a concentration of big game around those which remain. This makes spotting and photographing the animals much easier. In Tanzania, the Ngorongoro Crater provides a spectacular natural amphitheatre where thousands of plains game animals live out their lives. To the northwest is the Serengeti – an extension of Kenya’s infamous Masai Mara. Any wildlife enthusiast will be thrilled to witness the daily animal dramas that unfold upon its grassy plains.
- Classic Tanzania Safari - Trip Code: AYB
- Tanzania Lodge Safari - Trip Code: AYQ
- Selous And Ruaha - Trip Code: AYS
- Kenya & Tanzania Adventure - Trip Code: AYK
- Classic Kenya Safari & Zanzibar - Trip Code: AYZ
- Classic Kenya Safari - Trip Code: AYM
- East African Game Parks & Beaches - Trip Code: AYR
- Tanzania Cycle Safari - Trip Code: MYB
- Kilimanjaro & Safari - Trip Code: TYX
India’s north border is marked by the mighty Himalaya. In July and August, while the Nepalese side is battered by monsoon rains, the Indian Himalaya present perfect trekking conditions. The Ladakh region offers numerous options from high altitude ‘peak-bagging’ treks to more gentle routes lower down. For a different view of the mountains and a different cultural experience, head for Tibet. This remote high altitude desert area rewards the adventurous traveller with ornate Buddhist temples and views of Mt Everest’s North Face.
- Leh To Amritsar - Trip Code: AIF
- Manali To Leh Ride - Trip Code: MIH
- Ladakh: Stok Kangri Climb - Trip Code: TGP
- Ladakh: The Markha Valley - Trip Code: TGR
- Grand Traverse Of The Indian Himalaya - Trip Code: TGI
- Himalayan Flowers & Villages - Trip Code: TGF
- Southern Zanskar & Moon Lake - Trip Code: TGA
- Darjeeling, Sikkim & Kanchenjunga - Trip Code: TBK
- Highlights Of Tibet - Trip Code: ACB
- Tibet Explorer - Trip Code: ACL
- Base Camps of Tibet - Trip Code: TCT
If you want to see orang-utans in the wild, then Borneo is the place to go. Its rainforests team with endemic wildlife and the famous Deer Cave allows you to witness the spectacle of its nightly bat exodus. Trekkers can challenge themselves to an ascent of Mt Kinabalu and all the excitement of travelling on foot through the jungle.
For colour, calypso and colonial cities head for Cuba. As you’d expect from the Caribbean, this captivating island nation also boasts lush, tropical vegetation and numerous beaches. At a somewhat higher altitude, Peru’s Inca heritage is not be missed, especially the incomparable Machu Picchu and Lake Titicaca – the highest navigable lake in the world. You don’t have to go trekking in Peru but if you do, you don’t have to stick to the Inca Trail. The Cordillera Blanca features a stupendous concentration of snow-capped peaks – what better incentive to keep walking?
- Peru Explorer - Trip Code: APX
- Essentail Peru - Trip Code: APD
- Machu Picchu, Titicaca & The Amazon - Trip Code: APA
- Cordillera Blanca & Huayhuash - Trip Code: TPC
- Huayhuash Circuit - Trip Code: TPH
In the summer it’s time to head north for 24-hour daylight and a pristine icy wilderness all enjoyed from our small expedition ships for a high quality, discerning polar experience. Spitzbergen is the place to go for sightings of Polar bear, Arctic fox and numerous bird species while Greenland offers the epic beauty of its fjords and glaciers.
- Spitzbergen Explorer - Trip Code: PNS
- Spitzbergen in Depth - Trip Code: PND
- Introduction to Spitzbergen - Trip Code: PNB
- Spitzbergen Explorer, Greenland & Iceland - Trip Code: PNE
- Thule Expedition - Trip Code: PNH
- East Greenland Explorer - Trip Code: PNX
- West Greenland Explorer - Trip Code: PNY
- Iceland, South Greenland & Canada - Trip Code: PNI
- Ellesmere Island & Greenland Explorer - Trip Code: PNG