The icebreaker 'Kapitan Dranitsyn' is your floating hotel and ice breaking base camp for the whole voyage. At first sight she looks a little strange, tall like a tower put on top of the relatively low freeboards. The years of hard icebreaking duty have proved the firmness of the vessel along with her high effectiveness. Except for the short summer period the icebreaker leads oil tankers and cargo carriers through the heavy Arctic ice. 'Kapitan Dranitsyn' is a powerful icebreaker designed for working in the conditions of the Arctic region and the Baltic Sea. Built in March 1980 at shipyard Wartsila, Finland, she was upgraded in Norway in 1999. This icebreaker belongs to the Russian State. The interior of the 'Kapitan Dranitsyn' is a combination of simplicity and comfort. It is of high standards’ expedition style.
- Staff & Crew
- 131 meters
- 26.5 meters
- 8.5 meters
- Six Wartsila Diesel-electric 24,000 horsepower
- Ice Class
- Cruising Speed
- 13 knots in open water
- in Russia by FESCO
- 4 fully enclosed
Cabins and amenities
- All cabins and suites have private facilities & exterior views.
- Twin cabins have one fixed berth and one convertible sofa bed.
- Triple cabins are identical to twin cabins, with a third pull-down berth.
- All suites have a sitting room separate from the bedroom, TV & VCR.
- 24-hour coffee, tea and cocoa self-service station.
- Lounge open 24 hours.
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender.
- Heated indoor swimming pool, exercise room and sauna.
- Theatre-style auditorium.
- Ship-to-shore communications via satellite.
- Library with books and board games.
- Passenger elevator.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Triple Cabin
- 1 lower berth, 1 sofa bed, 1 pull-down upper berth, private facilities, opening window, desk and chair.
- Twin Cabin
- 1 lower berth, 1 sofa bed, private facilities, opening window, desk and chair.
- 1 wider bed and sofa bed, private facilities, separate sitting room, 2 opening windows, 2 desks/chairs, table, TV/DVD.
- Corner Suite
- 1 wider bed, 1 sofa bed, private facilities, separate sitting room, 4 opening windows, 2 desks/chairs, table, refrigerator, TV/DVD.