An excellent couple of weeks skillfully and cheerfully orchestrated by Nam our local guide. What a beautiful country.
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
Most inspirational moments were:
++ sheltering from really monsoon rain near the cu chi tunnels
++ celebrating the awesome Sai Gon rush-hour
++ speaking (obviously nonsense) vietnamese to the nun in charge of a local orphanage
++ capturing the most beautiful flowers on camera in a peaceful garden
++ a new and untried fruit for lunch most days
++ Han Oi
- What did you think of your group leader?
Nam was ever cheerful, with enormous amounts of energy and lots of interesting tales to tell. He will make the trip for many who travel with him. Key phrase; 'are we feeling heavy?' - which you could take to mean;
1. Do we need an exceptionally strong local coffee?
2. Is it so long since we had a pee that we have acquired an additional 10Kg in weight?
Huge thanks to Nam for his energy and good humour.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
Key advice - dont take so much stuff with you!!!
Oh - and - do visit the backpacker area in Sai Gon after dark if you like to see what the local (and international) folks get up to. A real treat to drink beer hoi and watch the hundreds of people sitting in the street.