I tend to do activity based holidays on my own, so as to do what i want and when i want ( waking up at 6 most mornings loses you friends on holiday) but a mate Jon put forward the idea of doing a fully organised trip i thought i'd give it a try. Booking a trip with Exodus was done after checking most of the other 'activity' base tour companies and agreed on this trip as a starting point to then do more challenging and further a field trips in the future. It was a superb decision as a taste for what, hopefully, Exodus tours are like.
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
1. Meeting a group of people on the first day as strangers, and leaving as friends..... (nights on the lash sorted that out)
2. Having a fear of heights, the abseiling and flying foxes on the canyoning day were my biggest achievements (thanks to Maho and the other guide for making it easier)
3. White water rafting was a superb team building experience and swimming through the rapids at the end and rock jumping in the middle were mental
4. Having my own personal waiter on the last night on the boat trip (cheers Al)
5. The ride UP the hill in 37 degree heat and seeing others in the group also manage it, the downhill was superb
- What did you think of your group leader?
- It's probably been said before, and will no doubt be said again. Maho is an absolute legend. He is a human dynamo that requires little sleep and once moving won't stop. He and the other guides made sure that all the activities felt both safe fun at the same time and once back at the hotel, arranged nights out in Kas and joined in the nightlife till late......... Cheers Maho and all the other guides throughout the week.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
1. Take loads of insect spray... especially for the first couple days before going to Kas
2. Don't take too many t-shirts, socks, boxers...... is far too hot in July. Apart from the nights, you can live in swimming shorts and flip flops. But do take decent footwear for the activities
3. Take your eating and beer drinking head and stomach with you..... the beers go down too well after a day in the sun and the food in Turkey, especially the home prepared meal on the cycling day, is stunning.... (more so if your a fan of fish and chillies)
4. Get involved with other people on the trip
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Thanks to all the people that were on the trip from the 30th June till the 7th of July, you all made it a good crack.... gutted to be back at work and not chilling by the pool with a beer chatting rubbish.......
Thanks to Maho and all the guides for their help and support, both during the day and the night
Thanks to all the staff at the hotels for making the stay perfect
Thanks to Exodus as a company for a faultless trip, (sorry Al and Dean i know that you nearly didn't make it home)