The week for me was truly inspirational, writing this review I still cant believe ive done it! Seeing a Cheetah relaxing under a tree, a troupe of babboons casually walking down the road, a suckling lion cub, seeing 12 hippos rise in the River Mara and seeing it all so closely... the list for me is endless.
I along with 3 others did the hot air balloon ride, this was magical seeing it all from a birds eye view and it was so peaceful. When the balloon landed (quite smoothly) we was driven to the breakfast site and had a glass of champagne with a full cooked breakfast (which was fab!).
My top tips for this holiday would be
- Women, wear a sports bra. The ride can get VERY bumpy espicially into the Mara
- Take a waterproof jacket
- Pack a torch, in the second camp this will be how you ask for an escort when it gets dark
- Suncream, I only packed SPF15 (In Oct) and I got burnt.
- Dont bother getting a Visa in advance, you still have to join the same queue and it doesnt make it that much quicker.
- Pack some long sleeved tops for the evening.
- The cost of the balloon ride in October 2013 was $450
- Make sure your tent is securely zipped... one day our tent was raided and my custard creams were eaten!
- Memory cards, get the best you can - allow for approx 700+ photos!