The best moment I've ever had was in Chobe national park in Botswana ! The Game drive we had was magic !
We saw a leopard eating on a tree, lions, hippos, elephants. When we came back where the leopard was earlier in the morning the leopard was sleeping on another tree, then went down, crossed the road in front of us like 1-2 meters away from us, and climbed back to another tree closed to us. This was awesome.
in the evening we went to see the hippos on a boat there were around 25 elephants and huge hippos !
I did the tour from Cape Town to Victoria falls the best days were :
- When we did the Canoeing and then we went to Fish River Canyon at Sunset. If you're not afraid of water, Canoeing was great because it was the first time we had enough time to enjoy the moment. Fish River Canyon we didn't spend a long time there but the view was incredible !
- The dunes were nice but exhausting. I didn't manage to get on the top of the dune 45 !
- the Game drives at Etosha
- Victoria Falls ! I did the Microlight : seeing the falls and the gorges from the top it was great
- Be aware of the long drives during the first 2 weeks (from Cape Town to Livingstone).
- I think it's better to start from Cape Town to Livingston. To start with the long drives and finish with Etosha, Chobe parks and Victoria Falls.
- I would suggest you spend extra days in Cape Town. I would have definetely spent there more days if I had knew we wouldn't stay that long.
- In Swakopmund it was quite boring so you should probably choose an extra activity. I did sky diving that was awesome !
- in Livingston. I would recommend you to do Microlight or helicoptere, something you can see the whole falls from the top + the gorges. I was hesitating between the helicoptere and Microlight and I decided to do Microlight. It was fantastic to see the gorges, the falls, the hippos (if you can), feeling the wind. if you are not afraid it's a great experience.