- Pisa, Siena and Florence
- The art of Italian cooking
- Mediaeval underground cellars
Fantastic food, cultural masterpieces, walled cities and captivating countryside - Tuscany has it all. From your comfortable base, staying within a mediaeval walled city, explore the best of this famous region. Discover Florence, a city of style, elegance, great food and world renowned art. Visit local markets and walk amongst the city's stunning architecture and galleries full of Renaissance treasures.
Centred around a magnificent cathedral, Siena and its buzzing Piazza del Campo is equally charming and an ideal place to indulge in café culture and watch the world go by. For those with a keen interest in history, we visit the birthplace of St. Francis (Assisi) as well as the underground mediaeval cellars in Montepulciano. Italy is well known for its delicious food and during your trip you'll learn how to make some of the regional specialities in an evening lesson. There's also plenty of time to relax by the pool!
Please note: This trip has had a name change for 2013 season, the trip was formerly called: Tutti Tuscany
What makes this trip responsible?
We stay in locally owned hotels and pensions, use resident leaders and guides and use locally owned transport; this helps distribute amongst a wide number of people the money we spend. Because our groups are small, it is easier to monitor and control the impact on the environment through the areas we travel.
- Fly to Pisa; transfer to Lucignano via the Leaning Tower; welcome dinner.
- Free; relax by the pool or head to Lucca where you can hire a bike and explore the city walls (optional); evening cookery class and dinner.
- Explore enchanting Siena; picnic lunch.
- Explore mediaeval underground cellars in Montepulciano; swim in the Bagno Vignoni thermal baths of Pienza.
- Morning orientation tour of Florence, visit food market; afternoon free.
- Explore the birthplace of St Francis of Assisi; afternoon visit the stunning mediaeval town of Cortona.
- Free day; relax at the pool or kayak on the River Serchio (optional); farewell dinner.
- Transfer to Pisa; fly to London.
Want to see more?