My first cycling holiday and my first trip with Exodus. A brilliant experience; I can undertsand why so many on my trip had been with Exodus many times before. I shall definetly be doing more and have recommended to friends. Vietnam exceeded my expectations... I shall return!
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
There were too many to list, but I will try
- the people were very friendly, all the kids wanted to high-five as you cycled past.
- making it up the 10km climb and surprisingly quite enjoying it!
- Hoi An is a lovely place to vist
- kayaking in Halong Bay was pretty special as was the standard of the cruise boat we stayed on.
- oh yes and the food, the food, the food!
- What did you think of your group leader?
The team and especially our group leader Danh Nguyen were no less than brilliant. I cannot speak highly enough about the perfect organisation and attention to detail, i would say this really made a difference and is a key factor in me booking with Exodus again.
- Danh's knowledge of the history and culture which he imparted with enthusiasm amd general banter was great. We also managed to eat in many interesting places due to his local knowledge and contacts
The overnight train from Hue was an "interesting" experience. From nowhere Danh managed to conjure up iced Mojjitos cocktails.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
- it's a busy schedule with mostly early starts
- leave some room in your suitcase for retail therapy purchases
- seek out the penguins in Qui Nohn bridge (ask Danh)
- definitely do it!
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
- - an extra day in Hanoi would have been good. i could have arranged this myself if i had realised you only really get an afternoon and evening.