A rare and thrilling experience with all objectives met and exceeded. Fantastic views of the Northern Lights and up close viewing of Polar Bears, Ice and Icebergs....
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
1. Northern Lights on both the first and second nights at sea, not to mention further views later in the trip.
2. Seeing Polar bears on Ice flows close to the ship, 2 individual bears with fresh kills and a family (mother and 2 cubs (approx 2 years old)...
3. Bird life, including Falcon and Snowy Owl....
- What did you think of your group leader?
Dutch was excellent, very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, informative and always considering/weighing up the options to make out trip the best ever.
He worked well with both the other expedition staff (who were also all superb) and the Ship's Captain/Crew.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
- The Arctic is a wild and changing landscape, so go with an open mind, expect the unexpected and you won't be disappointed.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
The ship we were on Akademik Sergey Vavilov is a great ship (a Scientific ship, not a cruise liner) and really fits the bill for travelling in both the Arctic and Antarctic. It was a pleasure to travel once again on this ship and it enhanced the overall experience.
This whole trip was mind blowing at times considering the scenery, wildlife, culture and wild terrain encountered.
We had a diverse and multi cultural experience with a vast number of different Nationalities on the ship, which ultimately added to the experience.
I had a fantastic experience, I feel suitably richer in both body and sole (if not actually financial) and look forward to future trips in and around the Arctic.