Fantastic and like nothing else. Just wish it had been longer. Polar Bears aplenty but also so much more. Had an amazing experience, made some new friends - cant ask for much more!
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
I went for the polar bears so the first time one was spotted will be a moment I wont forget "Confirmed Mobile at 11 o'clock" was announced over the speaker. I was already on deck, soon the entire ship was. One by one people spoke up "I see it, I see it!". It took me a bit longer but that moment when a yellow spot and a black speck focused into a polar bear mother and cub was awesome.
As well as the polar bears (and walrus, Arctic fox, whale, seal) sightings I was blown away by the scenery. 24 hour daylight means you get a lot of time to appreciate it but it never gets boring. Crusing through the ice bergs and hearing the snap, crackle and pop of ice and glaciers melting and changing is not something I'll forgot in a hurry.
- What did you think of your group leader?
The Expedition Staff were all fantastic. Woody was brilliant and I miss his gentle morning wake up calls. All the experts and other staff were so friendly and enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Kyle was hilarious, Mariano was an amazing spotter and good guy, Annie was so kind and sweet. Tony (birds), James (geology) and especially the great Ian Stirling (mammals) were unbelievably knowledebale experts in their fields and you couldnt help but be caught up in their interest and excitement for their subject matter.
Paul Goldstein, our Exodus photographic leader is one of a kind! A unique and insane man you cant help but like him and be swept along by his passion and descriptive narratives!
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
- BINOCULARS are vital I'd say, as is a good dose of patience. I was never too cold so layers obviously works. Dont bother bringing any food as they dont stop feeding you. Spend loads of time outside taking it all in - you never know what might appear. Go with the flow-plans change and just accept that-everythig they do is for the best so let them change their minds.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Food was out of this world and the best presented meals I have ever seen or eaten.
Dont drop your camera overboard! (I did but you might not all be as lucky as me and get it back!)