If you get the right group leader and the right people in your group then you have the perfect holiday. We were very fortunate in that we had both and we were very much made to feel like part of the family by Mamma. The Garfagnana mountains and countryside are truly beautiful and well away from the typical tourist hot spots.
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
Standing on the top of the highest mountain in Tusacany, Monte Prado, at 6,675 feet with stunning panoramic views, wild spring flowers and patches of snow will be something that I will never forget.
Swimming in or relaxing by the outdoor pool, whilst looking at snow-capped mountains in the distance was pure paradise.
Evenings in the lounge with a glass of Amaretto or Grappa after a wonderful meal prepared by Mamma, enjoying a good laugh or game of speed scrabble with some really lovely people.
- What did you think of your group leader?
- Sara Bull is absolutely lovely with a keen sense of humour! A woman who is kind and very caring, very knowledgable, well organised and a first class driver. She also doubles as a doctor/nurse/chiropodist and has done some truly amazing things in her life that most of us would never dare to aspire to.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
You would be well advised to pack the umbrella, the torch and don't forget the water bottle for your daily fluid intake.
Beware of Mamma's Sangria; it goes down far too easily!
If Sara is your leader then trust in her judgement, as she enables you to do things that you may have thought impossible.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Wish we were still there; the location is extremely tranquil as you listen to the crickets during the day and watch the fireflies at night.
A perfect holiday for someone who enjoys good food, walking and observing nature, i.e. the simple pleasures in life that make you appreciate being alive.