This was the first time I had tried a holiday of this type, and I would certainly book similar in the future. The balance of city and rural life, guided tours and independant time are ideal. The gite on this trip was not as basic as our group had envisaged - and the food was a delight. If fact so good we told Hasan he should provide a recipe book.
- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
Hmmm.....Loved watching the traffic in Marrakech and eating dinner in the square at night.
The village in the mountains, where life is slow, but people are self sufficient; they don't appear to have much, but on my return to life in Marrakech I know which life I would chose.
The call to prayer in the mountains.
Meeting Mohammed and the donkey on the first day for a picnic lunch.
The 20 mile walk on the last day.
The group of people we were with.
- What did you think of your group leader?
- Hasan was perfect. He spoke very good English, had a great sense of humour and was very informative about local and Morrocan culture. He explained the itinery well. He joined in with our group and is a whiz at Uno!
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
Ensure you have waterproofs. When it rains its cold rain! and you can lose body heat very quickly.
Purchase Dirhams at the airport, or at a cash machine. I took Euros as per the information on the website, but Dirhams are more widely used.
Take a pack of cards/games and a book for the evenings.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
There were ten people in our group, with an age range from 17 - 59, I was worried before booking about who would be on the trip. But now I wouldn't hesitate booking again. Irrelevant of people travelling as individuals or couples, of their age or occupation - they book a trip like this as they enjoy the same experiences as you so....
If you are sitting with your hand over the "Book Now" button - go for it!