- What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?
1. Watching a sleeping lion being woken by the distant and faint roar of another lion - our sleeping lion sat up and responded with a ground vibrating series of roars. It was incredibly emotional and awe inspiring, so much so that a few members of the group were in tears.
2. The Drakensberg mountains were spectacular and climbing the chain ladders an exhilerating experience. We felt as though we were on top of the world looking at the view.
3. Surviving a powerful thunderstorm whilst camping in St Lucia - I thought our tent was going to blow away!
- What did you think of your group leader?
- Francois and Andrew (ably supported by Phili) couldn't have done more to ensure that we had a good time.
- Do you have any advice for potential travellers?
Be prepared for some very long journeys in the bus (which was very comfortable). We didn't expect to be sitting down as much as we did.
Despite the long journeys you are rewarded with the opportunity to see so many interesing sights.
The shared accommodation was generally clean and comfortable but if you are a light sleeper make sure that you have some good earplugs because it is almost inevitable that a few of your fellow travellers will snore!
Take a specific plug adapter for South Africa as we couldn't use our multi purpose travel plug in the SA electrical system.
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
We hesitated about doing the two recommended safari drives in the private reserve as we thought one would be enough. In the end we did both over the two days we were there and we are so pleased we did as we saw different animals over the two drives.
Very few of the group went on the optional visit to the reptile house - we went and thought it very interesting and well worth doing.