One Big Climb to Everest Base Camp
Exodus and Global Ethics, the company behind the brand One have formed an exciting new partnership to support the One Foundation (registered charity No: 1118810). The One Foundation sells a variety of not-for-profit products to raise money for well-building projects in parts of the world where people don’t currently have access to clean water. They started off by selling bottled water (available in a range of retail outlets including Morrisons, Waitrose, the Co-Op and Total petrol stations) but now have many other products including loo roll, handwash and filter jugs. To date One have raised over £5 million and have helped over 1 million people.
Both Exodus and One are passionate believers in delivering experiences to their customers. To celebrate One's 5th Birthday in November 2010, a team from One along with Exodus' Managing Director, Peter Burrell, will be embarking on One Big Climb to Everest Base Camp.
Exodus designs and operates their holidays in a way that gives the highest degree of long-term economic benefit to the host communities, whilst also maintaining and/or improving the environment, and along the climb to Everest Base Camp the team will be giving back to local communities.
To follow the progress of the One Big Climb Team up to and during the climb, please see the latest updates on the ONE BIG CLIMB website.
Meet the Team from One
| || |
Introduce yourself: My name is Duncan Goose and I'm the founder of Global Ethics and the One brand, which I started having discovered some of the issues the world faces whilst on a two year motorcycle odyssey around the world.
Introduce yourself: I’m Matt Cooper and I run Global Ethics Investments (GEI). GEI acts as the licensing, partnership and investment arm of Global Ethics and funds the development of new projects within the group. I love cricket, am a very bad skier, and have just bought a kitten, which my wife has named Julian.
Introduce yourself: I’m Gerard O’Sullivan. I work in the Global Ethics Investments team, bringing new sustainable commercial propositions and products to the FMCG marketplace, that will raise profitable funds and positively impact lives in Africa.
| || || |
Introduce yourself: I’m Mark Spall. I head up digital and social media at Global Ethics. I am responsible for strategy and day-to-day communication with our social communities. You may already know me as the voice behind One Difference on our Facebook community
Introduce yourself: I’m Paul Robinson and I’m the jack of all trades… Trustee of the One Foundation, a Director of Global Ethics, and Chairman and Founder of Alquity. Alquity is the fund management partner for the One Foundation, that offers investors investment funds giving them their full commercial returns, but donating a large proportion of it’s fees to create jobs through microfinance.
I’m a serial entrepreneur with a passion for adventure.
Introduce yourself: I am Peter Burrell and I have the good fortune to be MD of Exodus. I have been a passionate traveller and trekker for more years than I care to remember and have always believed in giving something back to the communities we visit. Therefore meeting the guys from Global Ethics and finding out about “One” was inspirational. Like all great ideas what they do is brilliantly simple and focused and I particularly like the combination of playground activities with delivering fresh water to communities via the play pumps. It has been a no-brainer for us to help organise “One Big Climb” for the Global Ethics team and I am delighted to be able to join them. All I need to do now is shake of my office lethargy and get fit for the hills.
One Difference Fan? Get your 5% Exodus Discount
If you are a fan of One Difference on Facebook you will be eligible for a 5% discount off any Exodus holiday (click on the title below to view the terms).
Terms & Conditions 5% Offer - Offer now closed
1. Each person who is a One Facebook fan is eligible for a 5% discount off any Exodus holiday when a booking is made between 5th July - 31 December 2010. A booking is deemed to have been made once the deposit payment has been received.
2. Clients must travel before 31 December 2011.
3. Clients must quote '5% One Facebook' on the phone and email to qualify for the discount.
4. The discount is valid for the booker and their friends and family, as long as they all travel on the same booking. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with other Exodus offers or loyalty discounts. If one or more members of your party have travelled with Exodus before and are eligible for a loyalty discount, they can either claim their loyalty discount OR the 'One Big Climb' discount, not both.
5. This offer is only valid for people booking directly with Exodus and who live in the United Kingdom.
6. Offer not open to Exodus staff or their immediate families or anyone connected with the administration of the company.
7. There is no cash alternative and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By booking a holiday with Exodus your and your passengers details will be added to Exodus' mailing list for marketing purposes. To unsubscribe you will need to contact Exodus directly.
Related links:Exodus' Olly Pemberton swimming across the Solent for The One Foundation