Highlights of Northern India dep 9th April

Hi,

Very excited and a little nervous about the trip as it's my first time to Asia. Would be great to hear from anyone else on the trip, I'm on the group flight so would be nice to meet at Heathrow for a drink.

Tracy

RonB

Hi Tracy ... nice to hear from you. My wife (Maggie) and myself (I'm Ron) are also booked on the Northern India trip dep 9th April. We've got grown-up kids and been doing 3 or 4 Exodus (or the other Ex***** company) holidays a year since we regained our freedom, and we're hoping to step up the rate when we both retire in a couple of years time.  We've done a lot of trips to Europe, quite a few to the Middle East and an amazing holiday in Cuba but this is also the first in Asia for us. Maggie's not so keen on curry (never properly tried it in my opinion) so I'm hoping that she enjoys the Indian cuisine .. we can start her off with something mild and build up to a serious hot one by the end of the holiday !

I guess we need to make sure we have all the right jabs fairly soon. Malaria is recommended but friends who have recently done North Indai say that the tablets can make you feel very ill and they are not really necessary. We also need to figure out if we need visas (I don't think we do).

p.s. did you see Monty Don's "Round the World in 80 Gardens" program where he showed the gardens around the Area we'll be visiting ? Looks very interesting.

Anyway, I hope a few other fellow travellers pop up fairly soon. It would be nice to get to know a few folks before the trip (although I think that it is always interesting to see how quickly a group of people 'gel' starting from absolute scratch).

BTW ... we live in Romsey, Hants and will be driving to LHR and parking at my company's Bedfont office and then getting a taxi to the terminal.

Bye for now ... Ron  

RonB

Hi Tracy ... nice to hear from you. My wife (Maggie) and myself (I'm Ron) are also booked on the Northern India trip dep 9th April. We've got grown-up kids and been doing 3 or 4 Exodus (or the other Ex***** company) holidays a year since we regained our freedom, and we're hoping to step up the rate when we both retire in a couple of years time.  We've done a lot of trips to Europe, quite a few to the Middle East and an amazing holiday in Cuba but this is also the first in Asia for us. Maggie's not so keen on curry (never properly tried it in my opinion) so I'm hoping that she enjoys the Indian cuisine .. we can start her off with something mild and build up to a serious hot one by the end of the holiday !

I guess we need to make sure we have all the right jabs fairly soon. Malaria is recommended but friends who have recently done North Indai say that the tablets can make you feel very ill and they are not really necessary. We also need to figure out if we need visas (I don't think we do).

p.s. did you see Monty Don's "Round the World in 80 Gardens" program where he showed the gardens around the Area we'll be visiting ? Looks very interesting.

Anyway, I hope a few other fellow travellers pop up fairly soon. It would be nice to get to know a few folks before the trip (although I think that it is always interesting to see how quickly a group of people 'gel' starting from absolute scratch).

BTW ... we live in Romsey, Hants and will be driving to LHR and parking at my company's Bedfont office and then getting a taxi to the terminal.

Bye for now ... Ron  

Hi Ron and Maggie,

Good to hear from you both and look forward to meeting you in April.  I'm travelling down from Lincoln by train to Heathrow which is a fair journey.  I do think we need visas, certainly from all the info I've read we do.  I sent off for mine today through Travcour as I can't get it myself in London. I've not seen my travel nurse yet but I had a lot of jabs to go to Kenya&Tanzania with Exodus in 2006 so don't think I need any. I took malaria tablets then and didn't have any side effects at all, I guess it depends on the brand. I'm looking forward to curry for breakfast, lunch and tea but I'm not looking forward to the heat in India!

I did watch the gardens programmme and it looks amazing and I'm crossing fingers etc that we get to see a tiger too. I've also spent ages on the net looking at info about the places we;re going to and I'm beginning to think about what to pack... Anyway, good luck with the preparations!

Tracy

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936