KILIMANJARO CLIMB - RONGAI ROUTE on the 05th September

Anyone else going on the above trip?  Be good to meet other climbers before the climb?

MrMark

Yeah i'm on this trip too - be good to hear from anyone else?

dlake1

The trip on the 05th September is saying 1 place left so i'm guessing that there are 9 other people on this trip aside from MrMark and I; would be good to hear from those people before we climb.

jward4

Hi. Yes I'm on this trip. Just 9 weeks to go now!

MrMark

Hi John, How's it going? Nice to meet someone else on the trip.
Whereabouts are you from?

Mark.

dlake1

Yeah Hi John, good to meet a fellow climber, myself and MrMark, as he calls himself are doing the climb; is it just yourself or do you have a walking party too?

D

jward4

Hi. Well 'm originally from London but moved to Norfolk nearly 30 years ago. Not much chance of hill walking up here!  I'll be travelling alone as wife says this is one trip she

would rather not accompany me on! Oh well.  See you all soon.

kentsus

Hi, I am living in Brussels and am also going on this trip , also on my own due to lack of enthusiasm for trekking from my family. I did the Inca trail with Exodus (where I was the oldest and the last one over every pass) a year ago.

Some kind friend has just sent me an account in the Independent of July 12th of the climb by West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green (who surely must be ten times fitter than me!) which has scared me to death!!   I was feeling calm up to then. Anyone have any last 4 week special training suggestions?

dlake1

Hi Gail,

Nice to meet new climbers as for advice... sounds like you have more experience than I do, maybe you could go in goal for West Ham until we go?

Dan

kentsus

Not a bad idea, at least I could exercise by picking the ball out from the back of the net! 

Anyway I am assured by Exodus that the age range for our trip is wide and I am not the only person over 50 so I am hoping to have some company at the back of the group.

Gail

Natalie Amos

I am also on this trip ... looking forward to it, if slightly nervous! Natalie A

MrMark

I have finally bought everything I need and I can't wait!!

I'm even wearing my walking boots to work - see you all very soon.

kentsus

Hello Natalie,

Glad to have some female company too!

I am also very nervous but excited. I did a 20km walk yesterday in the blistering heat (the one sunny day in Belgium this August) but it was not very hilly!!

Look forward to meeting everyone on Friday/saturday.

Gail

dlake1

A new post from a new member, still 6 more people that have yet remained hidden.  So how many people are flying from Heathrow then on Friday I know Mark & Myself are....

Wish I was as well prepared as the rest, I've been off sick for 2 whole weeks so not ideal prep but then again Mark said he would carry all my gear so happy days......

We could arrange to meet before the flight in the airport?  I assume Gail you won't be as you are in Belgium or are you coming over to Heathrow?

See you all soon

Dan

kentsus

In fact I am flying over from Brussels earlier in the afternoon, and will have hours to spare as I am responsible for my own connecting flight so neurotically booked it early!!  Also to leave time to transfer my luggage from Terminal 5 (BA) to terminal 3.

Gail

dlake1

Not sure we are on the same flight then.... We are flying out at 20:00 on Kenya Airways but our ticket says Terminal 4, not Terminal 3.... Either way Mark & Myself will be at the airport for 17:00

Dan

MrMark

Just to clarify... when Dan constantly refers to 'Mark and Myself' he means we live close to each other... that's all :-)

See you all Friday.

kentsus

Oops sorry, I meant terminal 4, will look out for you both.

Gail

kentsus

Oops sorry, I meant terminal 4, will look out for you both.

Gail

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936