African Odyssey

Anyone going on this trip?

/Cecilie from Denmark

Tim_Vincent_44

Hello Cecilie, my name is Tim, and I'm going on the African Odyssey trip in September. I'm really looking foward to it! Have you done an Overland trip before?

Tim (England)

dutch1000

hey tim and cecilie, i'm curtis 31 and am going on the african odyssey in september as well

Cille

Hi Curtis and Tim

Thanks for your comments - I can't way to go. I am 25 and from Denmark. Will be travelling with my boyfriend Morten; we are going to travel around the world starting in Africa.

For once I wish the summer pass quickly:)

See you in September.

Best regards

Cecilie (and Morten) 

dutch1000

Hey Tim, regarding flights I'm in the process of booking flights as well,  have a look at expedia.co.uk and opoda.co.uk.

From what I have found I think Emirates are the cheapest about at the moment, but their flights are quite long due to them stopping of at Dubai.

jon_booth

Hi, I'm Jon and I Thinking about doing this trip. Just need that finial push! Sitting at work it seems a little hard to imagine nearly 3 months on the road!

Cille

Hej Jon

Go for it! I really don't think you will regret it. Morten and I have once before left our jobs to travel for 4½ months, and we didn't regret a second of it! So please join us.

Looking forward to September. We are leaving for Kilimanjaro on the 6th of Sept - not much more than 2 months to go. Hurrah!

See you

Cecilie 

dutch1000

Hope that you decide to go on the trip, I'm sure it will be fantastic. I was cautious about travelling for three months too, but I have decided to bite the bullet and am going to stay in South Africa for a couple months after the trip ends as well. Anyway hope you decide to go and hopefully see you in nairobi

vickie14

Hi I'm Vickie, I'm going to be going on this trip to! It's good to speak to others who are also going.

dutch1000

Hey vickie, glad to hear that your coming too, should be an amazing trip, see you in nariobi.

Cille

Hi Vickie. 

GREAT - I hope it will be an amazing trip, and that more people join.

See you in 2 months+

:) /Cecilie 

jon_booth

Is anyone on facebook? I've created a group 'Exodus African Odyssey 2008' if people want to join. I've finally made the choice and am coming along on this trip!

jon_booth

Have people booked their flights? Just wondering what the best deals are out there. I see Virgin are doing a direct flight from London for £450 (but you have to buy a return, the single is £750. Not sure how that works...)

dutch1000

hey jon, try kayak.co.uk, expedia.co.uk or ebooker.co.uk

I believe that swiss air or emirates are two of the cheapest around at the moment.

Moggy

Hey - my name is Bob - just taking a year out from work and joining the trip to fulfil a long held dream of experiencing africa. looking forward to meeting everybody. just booked and off to sort out flights - thanks for the tips.

see you there

BobM

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936