Dolomites Trek

Just booked onto this holiday and really looking forward to it.  I believe there are another 12 of you out there somewhere???? Look forward to trekking with you.  Gill

KOHO

Hi Gill, I'm also looking forward to this trip.  I've even had the map out to find where we'll be staying.  See you soon, Karen

Gill L

Hi Karen, good to hear from you.  Are you travelling alone?

KOHO

Hi Gill, Yes I'm travelling alone.  I fly down to Heathrow on the Friday, and will be on the Group flight on the Saturday morning.  How about you?  Karen

Gill L

Hi.  I'm flying from Manchester so will be meeting everyone over in Munich.  I think I get in to munich at 9.55am their time which could be earlier than you.

Can't believe it's so soon now.   

KOHO

You should be there first.  I'm not due to land until 10:55.

Helen_P

Hi Gill and Karen,

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the group.  I've googled some of the huts where we're going to be staying to see some pics and the locations are really stunning. I can't wait!

By the way Gill, I think I'm on the same flight as you! Are you also flying on the Lufthansa flight from Manchester leaving at 6.55 a.m? We should arrange to meet up, if not in Manchester then definitely when we land in Munich. :-) Looks like we have a bit of a wait for the group flight! I'll try to upload a photo in a minute so we can recognise each other. What time are you planning on checking in at the airport? I was thinking I'd probably aim to get there around 5.15-5.30.

Helen x

Gill L

Hi Helen, good to hear from you.  Yes we seem to be on the same flight which is great!  I aim to arrive at Manchester airport around 5am but will be probably 5.15-5.30 when I get into the terminal I suppose.  I will probably see you in the queue at the checkouts - I will have a red and grey osprey rucksack and probably looking very bleary eyed!  I look forward to meeting you and at least we can grab a coffee at Munich while we wait for the others.  If you want to call me on Sat morning to find me at the airport in Manchester, my mobile no. is 07730941252.  See you there. x

KOHO

Starting to get quite excited now. Looking forward to meeting up with you in Munich.

Karen

Gill L

Me too. Been looking at Google tonight - the mountain huts look great. Off work tomorrow to get ready and but bits and bobs.  Oooooh, can't believe it's almost time! 

KOHO

I head down to Heathrow tomorrow evening, so feel as though my holiday starts a day early.  Though looking forward to getting properly started :-)  Just need to get the kit packed and I'll feel a bit more organised.

Gill L

Me too!  Taking a 35l only and as little as possible.  Wash as we go ok?

Helen_P

Thanks for your mobile number Gill. If it's OK with you, I'll text you tomorrow so you have my number too, then we can meet up in Manchester. :-) Lucky you having the day off tomorrow. I have to work unfortunately. I'm very excited about the trip too! Just a bit worried about my fitness, as I've been ill for a lot of this year, which has meant I haven't been able to do as much exercise as I would normally (and as I should in preparation for this)... So fingers crossed!

I've just been packing this evening and trying to get everything into a 25l rucksack! It's a choice between my 25l daypack and my 55l "trekking with tent" backpack, as I didn't want to fork out for something in between which would have been ideal. So yes, if I can squeeze everything into the small one, washing stuff every couple of days is probably going to be a must! 

Happy packing and see you both on Saturday!

Helen x

Helen_P

I've just realised the photo of me probably won't be much use to you, as I went to the hairdresser's last weekend and she got a bit over-enthusiastic with the scissors, so my hair is now much shorter! Anyway, I'll be carrying (all being well) a smallish Berghaus rucksack and probably some hand luggage (to leave a change of clothes on the first night for when we return) and probably wearing a blue fleece and hiking boots! We'll probably be very obvious!

Gill L

Hi Helen, I'll carry anything extra you need in addition to the 25l.  I'm sure there will be some free space in my backpack!!  I was just telling a friend of mine tonight that I could probably survive on a 25l!  No worries, I'm sure we'll sort it all out between us before we check in. x

Gill L

I'm sure you'll be fine! 

Helen_P

Hopefully I'll be OK for space, but that's really sweet of you, thanks! I'm forgoing the hair straighteners!! ;-) Oh and thanks for the vote of confidence too.

I've found you on Facebook and sent you a message so that I can send my mobile number off the forum. Hope that's OK! (Think Exodus should introduce the functionality to message s.o...)

BTW, I shared a tent with a gal called Gill on my last Exodus trip (the Anti-Atlas trek in Morocco), so it must be a good sign!!

KOHO

I'm impressed with your packing.  I've got a 45 litre rucksack, and it's about full.  You'll need to give me a lesson in packing light before we start.  I'll just leave the excess to be picked up on our return Seiser Alm.

Karen 

Gill L

It sounds good doesn't it but I haven't packed the rucksack yet!!!! :)  I have faith though!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936