Egyptian Discoverer (AED) 5th Oct

Hi. Any fellow travellers going on this trip? It would be great to hear from you. Not too long to go now...

Ian

Craig2805

hi mate. yes myself and my sister are on this trip. Really looking forward to it!

Craig

PhilD

Me too. If you want to have a natter beforehand, get Exodus to send me your email address and I'll reply to you..

See you guys soon! Can't wait - looks fantastic!!!

PhilD

I'm Phil by the way ;)

Hi guys. I'm also going on this trip, and i can't wait! it be great to chat before the trip, as i'm travelling by myself.

Ian 

I'll be on this trip too - my first with Exodus and will also be on my own. Really looking forward to it - should be amazing.

sporter

Hi,
I'm on this trip too - just starting to get excited about it!

sporter

Sorry - forgot to say, I'm Sarah (waves).

S

loube_lou

Hello,

I'll be coming along too! It's also my first Exodus trip and I'll be going along on my own, so I'm really looking forward to it and meeting everyone.

See you soon!

Lisa

Hi! Thanks for all the responses. I've just got my flight e-ticket confirmation now so I'm starting to get excited about this trip now. Arriiving at 1am doesn't sound too good :-( Is anyone getting their visa at the airport like me? Only 17 days at work to go .... see you soon,

Ian

PhilD

I've got my tickets through too. Looks like there's a fair few of us on this trip - 20 apparently. That's a fair amount for an Exodus trip, in my experience. Really looking forward to those pyramids. Oh, and that cruise down the nile!

Hi all. tickets here, 1am arrival sounds nice ! sure won't take me long to get over it though, also picking my visa up at airport. I also read somewhere you can get visas through the hotels, but don't quote me on that!!!

2nd Ian.

sporter

I haven't got my visa yet either, I'm sure that'll be a fun queuing experience so early in the morning!

Ivonne

I'm traveling with 2 of my girlfriends. Looking forward to meet everyone!

Ivonne

Craig2805

Hi guys, yep my sister and I are getting our visa's at the airport so we can join in the fun too!

Have you seen how hot it is there at the moment?!

sporter

Just bumping us up the board in case anyone else is looking for us! 11 days to go!

Sarah

Hey, we've just become a "hot topic" on this forum. Is that an indication of the temperature we're going to get in Egypt :-)

Cheers,   Ian

Hello1210

Hi there,

Just got my joining instructions in today, another newbie with Exodus and I will be travelling alone as well on this one, can't wait for some sun !!!

David ( Aberdeen )

loube_lou

As I'm not going to be on the group flight (because I booked the trip fairly late and got the last place!), I was just wondering if there's anyone else who will be on my flight out there? I'm going with Egyptair on MS0778 which arrives in Cairo at 20:45. If so let me know as it would be good to say hello and have some company on the journey outwards! If not then see you all there!

Lisa

sporter

Hi (6 days to go!)

I've finally got round to thinking about organising money to take - does anyone know if GBP travellers' cheques are as OK as USD ones? Sorry for stupid question, but I'm a bit clueless with exchange rates etc!

PhilD

The tripnotes say this below about money. Personally I'm taking the vast majority in Pounds. I'm taking a little bit of Egyptian currency too, just in case.

"The Egyptian unit of currency is the Pound (EGP), divided into 100 piastres. In June 2007 the official tourist rate of exchange was approx. £1 = EGP 11.1. There is no limit to the amount of foreign currency that can be brought into the country, and we do not recommend you to get Egyptian currency prior to departure. Money can be changed at the airport on arrival or at the hotel in Cairo. When you leave Egypt it is possible, though not easy, to re-exchange Egyptian Pounds into foreigncurrency.

It is advisable to bring your personal spending money in small denomination travellers cheques or cash. Any hard currency (e.g. UK£, US$. Euro etc.) is acceptable at banks in Egypt. Hotels can also usually change money at a good rate, and they are often quicker than banks. We suggest that you take some money in cash, as hotels will often not accept travellers cheques."

john.ewins

Just been reading all the notes so far.  You guys all sound very young to me!!  By the way the name's John: first name is Alan but always known as John.  This will be my ninth trip with Exodus - all the others have been bike rides, so I'm looking forward to a relaxing holiday.  I, too, am travelling alone. I'm a widower now, so I shall be looking forward to some 'stimulating' young company.  I've discovered that we can check-in online within 30 hours of our flight.  How about trying to sit together somewhere?

sporter

Hi,
I'd be interested in meeting up to sit on the plane. Would it be easier to look out for each other in Amsterdam and just sort it and the check-in desk there? (Actually, if we just check in in London for the whole journey that totally won't work, hmmmm)

S

john.ewins

Good idea!  If I don't meet up with any of you at Heathrow, or on the plane (its possible that Exodus may have block booked all of us together, anyway), I'll make a point of looking out for you all at Amsterdam.  Safe journey until then.  John

Hi Everyone. I'm taking a time out from my packing to read the latest messages. I'm flying from Manchester on Sunday (Is anyone else doing the same?) to Amsterdam & will be joining the group flight there. I'll have my Exodus luggage tag on my hand luggage (rucksack) & I'll be looking out for any matching Exodus tags. See you in Amsterdam or Cairo!

Ian

john.ewins

Having tried, unsuccessfully, to check-in on-line I've spoken to Exodus and they have told me that we are all 'on allocation', which means, in terms of seating, that we are all block booked. So we shall all meet up when we get on board.  Safe journeys to Heathrow and Amsterdam. See you on board.  John

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936