Classic Kenya Safari - Departure 4th October 2008

Booked on the classic Kenya Safari from the 4th October. Cant wait!

Be good to chat to anyone who is on the same trip. Share some tips!

Claire B

jscott1

Hi

I'm booked on that trip as well.  Not quite sure what to expect but looking forward to it!

Jane

cbelcher

Hi Jane,

Is it your first trip of this kind? The accommodation looks great, I checked it out on Trip Advisor.

Are you a keen photographer?

Claire B

cbelcher

I've been to Africa a couple of times. I've volunteered twice, once on a private game reserve working with the rangers. The other was working with animals on a rehabilitation centre, which was quite hard work!

Never been to Kenya before though. This will be my first holiday safari, where I'm not getting my hands dirty. I really enjoy taking photo's of the wildlife. I have a reasonable camera Sony Cyber Shot with a 12 x optical zoom. I'm thinking about borrowing my Dads, which is better than mine. Really good zoom.

Are you going to do the hot air balloon? I've always wanted to go up in one.

jscott1

Wow! That sounds really interesting.  How long did you volunteer for?

Yeah I'm booked on the balloon trip as well.  Thought as I was going I might as well do the whole bit!  Seems silly not to and its something I've always wanted to do as well.  Not sure how keen I am on the early mornings but hey,  you have to make the most of it don't you!

Jane

cbelcher

The first time was last year I was there nearly a month, I could have stayed longer though. This year in January was for two weeks. It was fun, hard work though, very early mornings and lots of messy jobs!! Great experience.

Sounds like we will have some early morning on this trip! Have you booked a single room? I went for the sharing option.

Are you taking any anti malaria tablets? I've got the Malarone. I had them before and they were great, no side effects. Had a few left from my last trip, so that's saved me some money. They are not cheap.

jscott1

I went for the single room option. Wasn't sure how I felt about sharing with someone I have never met before so I thought I'd stick with the more luxurious option while I had the chance.  If I go on any more of these types of holiday I know thats not going to be possible but I wanted to break myself in easily for the first one!

I have  the prescription for malarone.  Seemed like the best option.  I was told at the Drs that it would be expensive but to shop around a bit! 

Jane

cbelcher

Hi Jane,

That's understandable being your first trip. I did think about the single room to be honest, still am!

Have you got to get much for the trip? I have got a few things, still need to get a new day sack and some binoculars.

What area in the UK are you from?

Claire

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936