cycling with me

Hello

Anyone going to the cycling trip in Sicily departing 27 of Setpember?

nat

gill_lyons

Yes I am, my names gill,

frogexpat

oh Hello

Have you done that before? I haven't and bought a bike only a couple of months ago. I have tried to cycle a bit in Richmond park.

What about you?

nat

gill_lyons

Generally I say that I only cycle when its not raining windy or up hill which means for the most part Richmond park and cycling in general (this summer) has been out of the question.  I booked the holiday in April and had decided to get train for it. My plan was because I live in Croydon and work in Epsom I would occasionally get the train to work and cycle home once or twice a week, but in reality I have only done that 9 times this summer. The longest ride this summer is Croydon to Charing Cross via Richmond park (Kingston gate), Richmond along the tow path towards London, nearly getting killed around Putney and Chelsea ending up at Charing Cross. I must admit by the time I had finished I felt a bit sick.

frogexpat

That reassures me then as you don't seem to have much more experience than I do.

hum have you seen that we are flying with Alitalia that is on the verge of bankrupcy. I wonder if we are going to be able to fly at all.

nat

gill_lyons

I have sent an e-mail asking if there is a contingency plan but have had no responce

frogexpat

I called them and they say that the trip is still going ahead. I also used the chat room and a lady said that bankrupted airlines sometimes carry on flying for months even if they are bankrupted and that they would inform us if there was any changes. My guess is that they would find a replacement flight or cancel the trip and as it is a package one we are protected. There is nothing we can do anyway.

I will call them back aournd Wednesday if I have not heard from them. Let me know if you hear anything more before then.

nat

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936