Thai Indochina Grand Tour - 6 Dec (Christmas and New Year)

Hi there - thought I'd start a topic as it would be good to chat to some people before the trip.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Denise

swhale

Hi Denise,

I only nipped on the site to finally see about getting the Vietnam visa, but was glad to find someone else on the trip. Can't wait!

Steve

denise crisp

Hi Steve

Just over 4 weeks before we go - yippee :-)

You travelling alone or with a friend/wife/girlfriend/friend/partner? 

Denise

swhale

Just me. If you ask Exodus nicely they'll give you a run down of the group.

Are you on the group flight from Heathrow?

denise crisp

Yep, i'm on the 9.30am out of Heathrow T3, which is a bit of a shame as I happen to be out the night before at a Christmas Party!!!

Have you managed to get to speak to anyone else on the trip?  I started a Facebook discussion trying to get hold of people that way but no-one's joined it yet.  I'll phone Exodus this afternoon and see if they can send me any more details on people travelling.

denise crisp

Wow, just spoke to Exodus and there's mainly single people travelling and from a wide range of ages - what a mixed bunch.  Can't wait - should be great fun :-)

JDecker

hello also on this trip. Flying 6th but not on group flight so will catch up with you all in Bangkok. Is anyone taking Malarone? Can we buy it cheaper in Asia?

Jennifer

denise crisp

Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you :-)

I haven't decided which ones to take yet but will probably start them before I go so will get them here.

Look forward to meeting you in Bangkok

Denise

swhale

Hi Jennifer,

I'm also going to take Malarone. I've tried a few others and it seem to give the least side effects.

Fortunately I've already got 3 weeks worth left over from a previous trip, but will definitely be interested to see if you can get it cheaper abroad.

Steve

sarahwise

Hiya, Not on your trip but one in Feb. Saw your discussion and thought should say that you can't get Malarone out there, a mistake I made before trying to avoid the cost of it here! You can get it safely online for less than over the counter, try boots.com or lloydspharmacy.com. Have fun! sarah x

denise crisp

I've been quoted £3 per tablet from Boots but have managed to find them on-line for £2.20 each.  Let me know if you'd like the web address.

fritz

Well I can't believe I'm in a "chat room" if that is what this is, anyway hi all, I am going on this adventure and wanted to find out who will be there beside the 3 americans I am traveling with. Probably showing my age, did not grow up with all these communication options, wrote my college papers on an electric typewriter ;-) so we will be 4 women in that general category.

So for the person who has already done this trip, what kind of electric converters do we need for these 3 counties to keep our camera batteries charged? looking forward to launch in just over 2 weeks, see you all at the hotel in Bangkok. 

"So many countries, so little time!"

fritz

So your counting on the sun shinning, that is good. thanks for the input, I had dinner at a Thai restaurant tonight and the waitress said 220V, I will look into converter as well as adaptor. See you in a couple of weeks. 

fritz

No new posts, amazing. with all the excitement  in Bangkok I'm hoping I will be meeting you all in a week, looks like Exodus is on top of it, adds a little excitement, too bad for the citizens though. 

JDecker

what are Exodus saying? Am going to call later today!

fritz

So far all they  are saying in at their web site and it has not been updated today. Are all of you coming from London flying direct to Bangkok? Americans are going thru Hong Kong, getting very nervous about this...... sure hope it works out.  

denise crisp

Exodus have now updated the information to say that all flights into Bangkok are still scheduled to go ahead - phew :-)

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936