Discover Namibia

Hi,  Interested to hear from anyone who is travelling on this tour or from anyone who has been on a similar trip to Namibia in the past.

Shaun Toft

Hi Stu, I'm booked on this trip. Never been to Namibia before, or any kind of desert country. Really looking forward to going i must say !!!!

Stu_Masson

Hi Shaun.  Yep looks like it will be a really great trip, good mixture of wildlife and scenery (And Windhoek is one of the best beers in Africa).  Look forward to climbing thoes dunes although I don't think the camera will be thanking me for it - will have to invest in a cover for the sand.  Haven't camped in years so that should be fun !!!

Stuart

Shaun Toft

Hi Stu.

Yes i am a bit worried about my camera too. I have a carry bag so hopefully it will be okay in that. I hope there are enough opportunities to re-charge batteries too. Yes yes, really looking forward to everything about this trip. Camping out in the desert will certainly be one of them i think, with a beer of course !

Shaun.

Stu_Masson

Shaun,

Another week closer until we depart.  I've invested in a couple of batteries through ebay, tested them out and everything looks fine.  It will save me having to pack the charger with me.  I see you have travelled with Exodus before to the Himalayas.  Hope you had a great trip.  At the moment I don't know what to do about money.  The info pack arrives two weeks before we dapart but I will be away from home and don't get back until a couple of days before we go.  Will have a bit of a mad pack when I get home.  I'm traveling from Gatwick South on Saturday so if we are travelling from that terminal I may be able to suggest a meeting point (PUB) before we fly.

Stuart

Elaine1

Hi all, only 18 working days until departure to Namibia!   Never been before, or in fact anywhere remotely similar, so absolutely no idea what to expect which makes it all the more exciting!  I'm hopeful that since there is some discussion of cameras on the forum already, that some tour members have distinctly better photographic equipment than myself, and as such there may be potential to do some photo swapping post-holiday!  (Possibly there will be lots of desert-scenes, but you never know, maybe someone will see a Black Rhino!)  

Stu_Masson

Hi Elaine,

Counting down the working days only - I like your style.  I wouldn't say I'm a photographer but with plenty of batteries and memory I'm bound to get one or two lucky shots.  I'll certainly be able to sift through the rubbish and send off the good pics to you if you require.  Just had my typhoid injection today, no problems at the time but my arm is killing me now. Good excuse to put my feet up and have a rest.

Stuart

Shaun Toft

Hi Stu (and everyone). Yes i have bought an extra battery too. Bought some binoculars too as i dont have a long lense for wildlife photos. Yes we can meet up for sure. I live quite near Heathrow so i'll be going to heathrow and catching the bus to Gatwick (its painless compared to tubing and training it). I'll work out how to email on this site and send a message to you soon.

I'd be more than happy to send and email photos to anyone who wants them afterwards by the way.

See you all soon... Shaun.

Shaun Toft

Hmm, no internal personal message facility here.  I expect Exodus will seat us all next eachother on the plane (they did when i went to Nepal) so we'll be able talk on the plane..

Regards... Shaun.

Stu_Masson

Shaun

If you are having any problems with the email service then you can contact me through facebook if you have an account (That goes for anyone elso who is going on the trip).  I'm the one holding a Stein of German Beer in my picture(Don't have a drink problem - honest).  Had a look on Google maps at the sand dunes and they look really impressive, can't wait.

Stuart

Shaun Toft

Hi Stu.

I dont have a facebook account as yet. If your email address is there on your profile i can send you an email or something so i'll take a peek..

Yeah I have been using google earth to plan my trips for a while now, it's great. There are so many photos of the Dunes in the Namib it's almost impossible to view them all. I looked to see a few of the other areas we will be travelling through had any photos uploaded and there were a few but not many, and in some places none, which adds to the mystery. We'll be travelling through some pretty remote areas. I cant wait !!!

Elaine1

I was also looking at Google Earth this weekend!  It looks pretty amazing - hadn't quite appreciated how vast the place is until looking at it from above. 

Have started to pack already - a bit sad but I don't care, it's exciting!

Stu_Masson

Hi again,

Curently raining where I live, will be glad to see the back of it for the next two weeks.  If anyone is interested in meeting up before we get on the plane I'll be having a bite to eat before I board at Witherspoons.  As you pass through security it's located on the left hand side above Dixons.  I'll be there around 9pm.  I've very short hair and glasses and will have a dark green backpack.  If anyone has any other suggestions, preferably before security, let me know.   

Stuart

Elaine1

Hi 

Not sure if you'll be checking your mails again now, but if you are, I will have a look for you at 9pm! 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936