High Passes of Everest

Hi there myself and my mate Craig have booked this trip for Octber 09 and was wondring if there were any other fellow travellers out there.

We are in the process of sorting out our kit and clothing.

This will be our first trip with Exodus and we are looking forward to it.

Mark

Hi there Mike & I are also booked for this trip departing 2nd Oct 09 we have also not travelled with Exodus before but have completed several trips with similar companies.

Our last trip was to Peru were we walked the Inca trail which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We have not done a grade D walk before so we are hoping we can keep up with the group!

I am a little worried that it may be cold at night, do you know of any good fleece sleeping bag liners we can buy? 

Have you been doing a lot of training?

Hi there Mike & I are also booked for this trip departing 2nd Oct 09 we have also not travelled with Exodus before but have completed several trips with similar companies.

Our last trip was to Peru were we walked the Inca trail which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We have not done a grade D walk before so we are hoping we can keep up with the group!

I am a little worried that it may be cold at night, do you know of any good fleece sleeping bag liners we can buy? 

Have you been doing a lot of training?

Mark Holmes

Hi there at least we now know we will not be on our own....

On the site it says there are only four spaces left so should be at least 12 of us going.

We have purchased some sleeping bag liners from a local shop we have only micro fibre ones but a warm vest just in case....

This will also be our first Grade D treck so we will be with yourselves at the rear...... Training is going well so far with 11 weeks to go all should be well.

Will be paying this week Have you got your visa yet or aor you waiting to obtain it on your arrival?

Mark

Hi again, What training are you doing we have not started yet, but have been thinking hard about it in the pub? Does that count!!  We are in Bristol where are you? Have used the Breacons in the past. We have not got visas yet but will get them before we travel.

We have some friends who are trekking to Everest Base Camp at this very moment independently, so will let you know how they have get on. Not sure it is a very good time to go though, probably a bit wet!

Have you got Down Jackets or are you going to hire them in Nepal?

Mike and Jo

Rutts

Hello fellow travellers. Not long to go now!

Really should have done some more training than i have. I checked the site and there is only 3 places left on our trip, so i think that means there should be 13 of us at the minute. Gotta go and do some kit shopping now tho. I think i have got most things, but need to make sure. Has anyone recieved their "what to take" booklet. The only info i can find is in the trip notes! Mark has just rang me and said that our Exodus bags have arrived!

Craig

Hi Again. Our kit bags have also arrived. Will have a trial packing session this weekend to see if we can keep under the weight limit!!

I think the rest of our group must be a little shy or they are all too busy getting fit.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Jo and Mike

Mark Holmes

Hi there Our bags look smaller than the ones on the pictures that I have seen but am sure we will get everything in...

We have been shopping tried to buy some of that fitness we have been after for months could not find any so gave up.... We did get some funny looks from the staff in Boots the chemist when we were asking for bio degradable shampoo..... Think they were on the verge of calling security as we scoured the shelves reading all the labels on the bottles.... Left with a bit of hand cleaning gel some renni's and a tubular bandage Not sure what Craig got I fled the shop as the staff were still watching us..... Later got some of E-Bay so all sorted

Oh we drank some pond water aswell to get used to the taste of funny water..... spose I should mention this was after we had poy some chlorine tablets in one bottle and some iodene tablets in another... You wanna know the result....well...I'll just bring some with me you can judge for yourself....

I actually think we are about ready to go now  I am guessing they send tickets out to us or we pick them up might be in the blurb somewhere but not read that bit..

Now this fitness lark spose I better start tomorrow...or the day after I mean how hard can it be There is a steep hill to my corner shop and I can do that without much problem and with no oxygen.....!!!!

See ya soon     

Rutts

On the count down now. Just finished packing.....although it is a tight squeeze and not sure if the bag is overweight!!!!

Just gotta fetch some funds from the bank and get a couple of little bits and i am ready to leave. Finshed work yesterday and had a good lay-in today. I am looking forward to getting going now and meeting the group. See you tommorrow!

Craig

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936