AOC - Discover Thailand, Laos and Cambodia 8th October

Just thought I'd say hello and see if there's anyone else heading out on this trip. If there is then please say hello back!!

John

sporter

Hi to everyone booked on this trip - at the moment, there are 9 of us with a really good age spread. Looking forward to meeting you all in October!

Sarah

emma_w

Hello,

I'm on this trip and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Emma

Add another two to the list!  Looks an amazing trip, cannot wait!

So is everyone here from the UK then?

Tom

sporter

Hello! Yes, I'm in sunny Aylesbury (well, not today, is tipping it down!)

Its been pretty miserable up here in the the north too!  Roll on summer.......although having said that it'd be pretty atmospheric to witness a tropical monsoon storm whilst in Cambodia.....

emma_w

I'm in Abingdon where the weather has been great today.

sigrun

I am booked on the tour to Indochina in October. Probably the only non-English person and I still do not know about my room-mate. I would like to exchange information with my future fellow travellers.

sporter

Hi again,

Sigrun, I'm not sure we're booked on the same trip as you (we're not on the one called Thai Indochina), so you might be better off starting a separate thread to look for people in your group.

Emma - are you working in Oxford? I'm just in Cowley - maybe we should meet up sometime before October so we recognise each other at the airport!

Sarah

emma_w

Sarah,  I work just outside Abingdon, meeting up sounds good.  How about Saturday 6th June somewhere in Oxford? I'm not going to be on the group flights, so you won't see me at the airport unless you check-in mega early (I'm breaking my flights on the way back to visit friends) as my flight goes late morning on the thursday.

Sigrun, I'm also wondering are you on this trip or trip aox, if you are on our tour I look forward to meeting you.  To answer your question about room-mates usually you're paired up with someone for the first night and then, and this is kind of dependant on the group,  you may find yourself sharing with others as the trip progresses or you you'll stick with who you start with.    Some tour leaders I've spoken to put people in rooms according to the order they booked.  Others put oldest and youngest together to make sure they're not left out. There are all sorts of methods. Alas the freedom of information act means they can't give you details of the other travellers (like their name) as they use to a few years ago. 

sporter

Hi Emma,

I can't make the 6th - any time for several weekends after is fine tho.

It might be easier to sort out through email, so my address is: [email protected]

PS, breaking the flight up sounds very sensible - I'm already worrying about not going insane on such a long flight!

Hi all so far

Caron & Mick are also on this trip, perhaps the only married couple so far. We're so looking forward to the tour which will fulfil a lifetime ambition for me to visit Ankor Wat.

Mick

sigrun

Hello Caron and Mick. Looking forward to meeting you. I expect this will be a great trip.

emma_w

Has anyone read any books on the area? I read survial in the killing fields which was interesting but want to read something about Laos too.

LinzR

Hi everyone,  I'm coming on the trip too and can't wait, really looking forward to visiting Laos and Cambodia, particularly Angkor Wat.  Though my reading so far has only stretched to a copy of the Lonely Planet's guide on the Greater Mekong! 

Look forward to meeting you all soon - are most people taking the group flight?  I live in London so I will be.

Linz

emma_w

Hi Linz,  I've got that guide book too, but haven't looked at it yet.  I look forward to meeting you. See you in Bangkok.

sporter

Hi Linz,

I still haven't done any reading, but I think I'll probably just raid the library for all LP/Rough Guide type stuff soon! Yes, I'm on the group flight, so I expect I'll bump into you at the departure gate!

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I bought from Amazon 'Insight Guide - Laos & Cambodia' which is full of colour pics, if you want to buy one. Otherwise, I might let you have a look at my copy on the trip. We too are on the group flight.

Caron & Mick

LinzR

Hi, sounds like I will see a few of you at the airport then - I will probably be the one reading a guidebook, having bought it a month ago I still haven't managed to do much reading!  Only a month to go now, went to get my jabs this morning and am counting down the days...

Hi all,

My other half and I will be meeting you in Bangkok as we're flying from 'oop north!  We get in a day earlier than the group flight so will look forwards to meeting you all at the welcome meeting!

Tom & Gayle

jbougourd

Hello fellow travelers I look very much forward to meeting you all and experiencing this fasinating trip. Is is my first trip abroad on my own and I'm looking forward to the challenge of checking in and getting on the right flight. I can't wait to visit a continent I love very much and hopefully the start of many journeys to that part of the world.

How does everybody else feel?See you all in a fortnight. Bye for now!!

Joe

emma_w

Hi Joe,

I'm looking forward to seeing a new place at the end of the flight and a nice boring smooth flight, but not really looing forward to packing my bag (but putting it on my back and heading off I can't wait).

Enjoy the checking in and all that, see you there.

Emma

Hey Joe,

Likewise, am looking forward to it immensely!  Bring it on.  I've always wanted to see the mekong and laos, as well as Cambodia so the camera batteries are charged, the travel journal dug and shorts dug out!

See you soon.

Tom

sporter

Hi Joe,

I'm getting more excited about the trip now I've got all my shopping out of the way!

Enjoy the peace and quiet of checking in and flying - once we land you definitely won't be travelling 'by yourself'! (I mean that in a good way :) )

kathy09

Hello everyone!

We are Martin and Kathy from Kidlington near Oxford - so are near some of you! Just got round to doing this  -looking forward to setting off on our holiday and getting to know all of you. See you soon ! Happy packing. Kathy

sporter

Hi Martin and Kathy,

Look forward to meeting you! (I lived in Bletchingdon for a couple of years until last year so I know Kidlington a bit)

See you Thursday/Friday,

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Martin & Kathy (and everyone else),

Looking forward to meeting you all at the welcome breifing - i guess we find out what time this is when we arrive at the hotel?

Tom

sporter

OK - I'm not going to get any work done today - I don't know why I decided to come in!

See you all later!

Sarah

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936