Kenya & Tanzania

Hi

Im going to Kenya and Tanzania really looking forward to it but a little worried to as its my first time travelling on my own.  Would be good to talk to you before going.

Nat

dave_darby

Hi Nat

Me and my wife are booked to go on this trip (she is in her 20's I am in my 30's).  It is her first time in Africa so she is a little nervous also.  I woudn't worry about being on your own we will all be best mates in no time I am sure.  Last time I went to Africa with ex everyone on the trip was "unattached".

Have you booked the balloon extension, it seems a bit pricey to me but we would both really like to do it..

We are travelling from Manchester via Heathrow, how about you?

Dave

natwhitman

Hi Dave

I am traveling from Heathrow

Would also really like to do the balloon trip but thought it was a bit expensive so think i am going to give it a miss

chenderson

Hi All,

I've just been reading your messages.  My husband, Charles and I going to Africa for the first time.

We travelled with Exodus previously in 2005 to Andalusia and enjoyed the trip.  Like yourselves we have considered doing the Balloon Trip, but  as yet have made no decision as it is quite expensive.

We live  in Northern Ireland, so we will join up at Heathrow.

Carol

chenderson

Hi All,

I've just been reading your messages.  My husband, Charles and I going to Africa for the first time.

We travelled with Exodus previously in 2005 to Andalusia and enjoyed the trip.  Like yourselves we have considered doing the Balloon Trip, but  as yet have made no decision as it is quite expensive.

We live  in Northern Ireland, so we will join up at Heathrow.

Carol

kfraser1

Hi folks,

My boyfriend Ben and I are coming on the trip too. We're in our late 20s-early 30s. I've been to this area before with Intrepid about 10 years ago, but Ben is a newbie. We both can't wait! We're coming down from Aberdeen, so I guess we'll meet everyone else at Heathrow. I've been on lots of trips on my own in the last few years - and all the groups on trips like these are very welcoming. It's not a "coupley" type of holiday - everyone has to muck in and eat together and have a laugh as a whole group. Look forward to meeting everyone,

Katy

natwhitman

Hi All

Just wandering if you are going to get your visa's before travelling or getting them at the airport / border?  I was thinking of waiting until I got there.

Nat

kfraser1

Hi again,

I've been worrying over this visa thing for ages - so I emailled Exodus about it last week. Daniela Pontis (Customer Operations Executive) replied that the "Decision to apply for a visa on arrival or in advance was entirely up to you" and then referred me to the visa section in our trip notes. If you do apply in advance you need addresses in Kenya and Tanzania for the forms (which as we are camping will be difficult). Exodus did say they would be able to forward this on if I really wanted to apply in advance. Because she didn't sent me this information straight away I am assuming that most Exodus customers get their visas at the airport/border - its certainly cheaper that way! I don't know if this helps or not...only 62 days to go!!

Katy 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936