Anybody else signed up yet?

Hi,

Just wondered who else is plannig on this trip?  I'm doing the trip by myself so would be good to make a few friends before hand.

Paul

DaveClark

Hi Paul,

I've just booked up, i'm also doing the trip by myself so would be good to get to know people before we go.

Have you done this type of trip before? I've done small group trips before but these were scuba diving trips so this is a complete change for me.

Dave

whitters09

Hi Dave,

Nope this is my first trip doing this sort of thing as well.  I've did a camping trip in Scotland last year where we camped in the middle of no-where and absolutely loved it.

I'm just trying to work out the best clothing and footware to take.  The trip notes say about 4 season sleeping bags and wet weather gear,  but on the otherside I think it could be quite hot at times as well.

I guess we'll find out in a couple of months time :~).

Paul 

Hi Paul and Dave

Have also booked on this trip with a friend of my wife weve have both done everest base camp trek which i did middle of last year . Looking forward to this one as would like to trek in warmer weather rather than snow and -8 degrees.Have you been asked to pay for the flights yet as i havent but my friend has?

many thanks Richard

whitters09

Hi Richard,

No, I've not been asked to pay for the balance yet. I thought it wasn't until 8 Wks before departure you would be asked for the final payment.  Should be a good trip.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I still need to read up a bit on the cultures etc. and I'm not sure whether my French is up to the job.

I'm still a bit undecided on what kit to take.  Ill probably drop Exodus an email with a few questions when I get a moment.  They seem very helpful and responsive.  Should be a really good trip.

Paul

whitters09

Well I spoke too soon.  I was asked to pay the balance today.  Something to do with reserving the flights.  Anyway fully paid up and looking forward to it now.

Paul

DaveClark

Hi Paul,

Re what kit to take although it will be warmer lower down the temp will drop as we get higher and above 3000m it could drop as low as -10c during the night the time of year we'll be going.

I prefer to use layers fleece, soft shell, waterproof shell so i can put on or take off as required, even when its warm you may want a wind stopper.

Ankle support is a must so i'm taking boots to walk in and AT shoes for the evenings when we've finished walking.

Havn't made my mind up yet as what sleeping bag to take yet, i dont feel the cold that much so i may go for a 3 season with a silk liner.

I've picked up the lonely planet moroccan arabic phrase book as away from the city most people will speak arabic and berber.

Dave

whitters09

Hi Dave,

Thanks,  I've just got myself the lonely planet guide to Morroco and it basically said the weather is changable.  I've just bought myself a new four season sleeping bag, but I also have an old three season bag with a fleece liner.  I guess it will come down to space in the end.

I thinkn I'm just going to stick with the walking boots.  Should be fine and means I won't have to carry another pair of shoes with me.  Keeping the weight down for the flight will be the main challenge.  Anyway I'll keep reading and let you know if I find anything intresting out.  Currently reading about when the Romans were in Morocco so got some way to go yet.

Paul

Coop66

Hi Dave, Paul and Richard

Signed up a few weeks ago and have never done a trip like this before. Anyone else booking their own flights?

Penny

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936