TPJ - Inca Trail and the Amazon Rainforest, departing 10th October 2009

Keith_C

Hi Michael, Cora,

I'm travelling from Ireland on the same trip. Really looking forward to the Inca Trail esp and meeting some new people.

Keith

kwilde

Hi All, 

Im traveling on this trip as well!! (Kelly from Nottingham, UK)

I would love to know if anyone has done any training? if so how much?

Kelly 

Keith_C

Hi Kelly,

Good to meet you. I haven't started doing any particular training for the trip although I keep meaning to get out and do some hill walking. Have you been on a trip like this before? What kind of training are you doing for it?

Talk soon,

Keith

kwilde

Hi Keith, 

I haven't done any training as of yet! Im hopefully going to climb Snowdon in Wales at some point this month which will probably be a shock to the system. The only other trip I've done was America last year for 10 weeks but I only did small hikes that lasted a few hours so I'm really nervous about this one! Have you done anything like this before? 

Kelly 

Keith_C

Hi Kelly,

No I've never done a trip like this before! Looking forward to it though. I'm sure it will be tough but will make it all the better when we reach Macchu Pichu. Really looking forward to it now, it can't come quick enough for me! Are you travelling with friends or on your own?

Keith

kwilde

Hi Keith

Im really looking forward to it but really need to get into shape and fast. 

I'm traveling by myself how about u? not looking forward to the long flights too much!

I'm a little worried about the luggage situation and I can travel light especially for a girl!

Kel 

Keith_C

Hi Kelly,

I'm travelling on my own also. This is a really good idea, being able to contact and get to know the people on your trip before hand. Hope we get a good crew, I'm really looking forward to meeting some interesting people!

I'm heading to Buenos Aires for a few days after Peru so I need to pack for all types of weather. Its the start of summer time in BA at that time and start of rainy season(hopefully not much!) in Peru.

Talk soon,

Keith

kwilde

Hi long time no speak! 

Hows the training and prep going?

Ive been going to the gym 3 times a week but the more I burn the more I seem to eat!! oops!!!

Im feeling a little better about the whole hiking thing but I'm sure only time will tell!!!

C u soon x 

Keith_C

Hey Kelly,

Long time no hear. Not long to go now! Been hitting the gym myself. Hope it's going to pay off! Really starting to get excited now, we won't feel it until Oct 9th!!

Talk soon,

Keith

Keith_C

Guys,

Check out the Arrivals Gate section on this website. A great forum from people who have already been on our trip with advice on what to bring, money, food, etc. Will get you even more excited too!

ADVICE FOR INCA TRAIL AND AMAZON RAINFOREST

kwilde

Hi All, 

Not long to go... 

How much spending money is everone taking and how muh are you taking in $ and PNS

Thanks kel x 

Keith_C

Hi Kelly,

Was thinking of just taking US dollars and changing some into Sol when I get to Lima. Seems to be a better exchange rate that way. Not really sure how much to take. I can't really see us being able to spend much in the Amazon or on the trail but don't want to be short either ! 

Keith

Hi everybody.  Rob and Margaret Pearson here.  From a scan of these messages we have Michael and Cora Croft, Keith Charters, Kelly Wilde, and Paul Hackett.  Anyone else going on the Inca trip in October? Anyone else staying on for the Galapagos extension?

kwilde

Hi Rob & Margaret, Only a few of us on here but I've been told the trip is full! So many more people to meet. Im just on this trip- getting a bit excited now (and scared!) 

See you both in a week :) 

PhilD

I went on this trip earier in the year. It was AMAZING. There's plenty of advice around, but I'd definitely take nice warm stuff for the trek - I bought a hat and socks just before we started the trek. You will also need a good torch - I recommend a head torch. I took 2 long sleeved shirts to keep the sun off me and wished I'd taken 3 (but then again I burn pretty easily...). I also took a face cloth which was useful on the trek. Finally, I took a large fleece and a pillow case to use a pillow.

First time you see Maccu Pichu (sp?) is incredible! Such an achievement!

Enjoy it everyone :)

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936