AYU - Gorillas & Masai Mara - 18th December 2009 departure (ignore Exodus automatic date)

This is just to see if there is anyone else online who is joining this trip.

I'm Chris and will be travelling with my wife, Cat. The next 3 weeks cannot pass quickly enough before we hopefully experience sun, warmth and wildlife.

If you're travelling too then please make contact.

Chris 

Gunnar

Hi Chris!

I am also joining this tour. Looking forward to it. Have you done something similar before?

Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

We've been on other safaris but never camping. Reading other communications on this trip we plan to travel light but with plenty of layers. Based on experience I expect some early mornings when it can be quite cold, especially on an open vehicle. But then it can warm-up quickly as the sun rises.

From the feedback, this should be a great trip and coming face-to-face with gorillas should be a wonderful experience, evoking may emotions.

Are you in the UK? Have you been on similar travels?

Chris 

Gunnar

Chris,

I been on safari before. Last time with Explore on a similar trip. I'm also looking forward to the gorillas.
Yes, I thin we can expect early mornings. At least I hope so, the viewing is at its best then.
I´m in Sweden and I will be flying via Brussels.

Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

We're also not first timers with Exodus. Amongst other trips we went on a tiger tour in India a few years ago. This was also fantatsic, although cold over Christmas. Were you in Africa on your last safari?

When do you arrive in Nairobi? We are also flying independently, arriving late on the 18th.

Where do you live in Sweden?

Chris 

Gunnar

Chris,

I went with Explore on there Botswana tour. Quite a lot safari. We spent a week in tents in the parks.

I am flying from Stockholm via Brussels and will be arriving around 11 pm in Nairobi. Exodus helped me book a room at the hotel where we are going to be picked up in the morning. When are you arriving?

Gunnar

Hi Gunnar,

We are due to arrive at c.21:35 on the 18th and are also staying at the Silver Springs hotel. We'll probably meet at an early breakfast as the tour leader should arrive at 08:00.

I say this but we are still waiting for our passports back from the Ugandan High Commission. I decided to obtain visas before travelling but this may not have been the best decision!!!

I know that visa requirments vary by country. Do you require visas for all 3 countries?

Chris 

Gunnar

Chris,
I went to the Kenyan embassy Yesterday and they will fix my visa shortly. As for Uganda I decided to arrange this at the border which should be possible. The closest embassy is in Copenhagen...
Yes we will meet at breakfast. I am happy arriving the day before so I can get some sleep.

Gunnar

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936