MIA: Cycle the Coast of Kerala (5th - 13th Oct)

Hi,

This is Stu & Casey, from Manchester UK.  We are on the MIA: Cycle the Coast of Kerala (5th - 13th Oct) trip and wondered who else was on the trip?

Also, with the current news about flooding in Kerala does anyone have any info or thoughts about if it will affect the trip itinary or even the trip going ahead?  We've not spoken to Exodus about it yet, but will do later in the week.

Cheers,

Stu & Casey

Hiya, I’m on the Cycle Kerala and Tropical India trip leaving on the 6th So in a similar predicament to you. Is it a case of wait and see if the situation improves? Have you heard anything? 

Anne. 

Hi Anne, we called perhaps a week and a half ago, when it was in the new's about all the floods - and they said they didn't really have any updates. They said to go ahead with vaccinations etc. and they hope the trip will go ahead, however there may be some itinary changes (which if there was, we would be able to cancel if we didn't want to do the new changes). They said that as the trip is still some time away, they wouldn't be cancelling anything immediately, as it was hard to predict at this stage. I think we will try call them again to see whether they have any further idea within the next week. They basically didn't give too much information, as I guess it's difficult to. Have you spoken to anyone?

Hi Anne, we called perhaps a week and a half ago, when it was in the new's about all the floods - and they said they didn't really have any updates. They said to go ahead with vaccinations etc. and they hope the trip will go ahead, however there may be some itinary changes (which if there was, we would be able to cancel if we didn't want to do the new changes). They said that as the trip is still some time away, they wouldn't be cancelling anything immediately, as it was hard to predict at this stage. I think we will try call them again to see whether they have any further idea within the next week. They basically didn't give too much information, as I guess it's difficult to. Have you spoken to anyone?

Hi Anne, we called perhaps a week and a half ago, when it was in the new's about all the floods - and they said they didn't really have any updates. They said to go ahead with vaccinations etc. and they hope the trip will go ahead, however there may be some itinary changes (which if there was, we would be able to cancel if we didn't want to do the new changes). They said that as the trip is still some time away, they wouldn't be cancelling anything immediately, as it was hard to predict at this stage. I think we will try call them again to see whether they have any further idea within the next week. They basically didn't give too much information, as I guess it's difficult to. Have you spoken to anyone?

Hi Anne, we called perhaps a week and a half ago, when it was in the new's about all the floods - and they said they didn't really have any updates. They said to go ahead with vaccinations etc. and they hope the trip will go ahead, however there may be some itinary changes (which if there was, we would be able to cancel if we didn't want to do the new changes). They said that as the trip is still some time away, they wouldn't be cancelling anything immediately, as it was hard to predict at this stage. I think we will try call them again to see whether they have any further idea within the next week. They basically didn't give too much information, as I guess it's difficult to. Have you spoken to anyone?

(Whoops - computer had a moment! .... Obviously didn't mean to reply 4 times - sorry about that :) ... )

Spoke to Exodus today, and they told me the below...

* Rain has stopped and sun is out.

* All airports and trainlines in region now open and running ok.

* None of our accomodation on this trip has been affected

* Some damage to a road near Kochi but its supposed to be fixed by end of Sept, or they will just divert us around it anyway.

...so trip is very likely to go ahead!

Best time to ring Exodus is Friday, as they get an update from Kerala midweek and it takes a day or 2 to get sent to the ops team.

Cheers, Stu

Hi Stu, thanks great news. Fingers crossed it’s the same for my trip. I’m away at the mo so will have to ring em next week.

Anne. 

Hi Stu and Casey

this is Jules and Caroline -2 ladies really looking forward to the trip seeing the sights  and meeting new people 

being positive that all will go ahead as planned 

J and C 

 

 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 020 8772 3936