Plug adaptor for India

Has anyone been to India and know which travel plug adapter you need? I've heard conflicting reports. Exodus say you need a round 3 pin type, which I can't find anywhere. But in some guide books including the latest Lonely Planet it says in many places you can use the standard 2 pin round plug ie the same as Europe. 

Please see my reply to your other thread asking the same question for where to source a suitable adapter!

Most sockets in India will be Type D (small 3 pronged round pins), you may also find some Type C (2 prong round European style) and some Type M (large 3 pronged round pins). It is possibe as a last resort to use a Type C European plug in a Type D socket but it is not recommended as it will not be a secure fit and may not make a good connection so is potentialy dangerous.


Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics