Tibet Explorer

Hi there

Is anyone out there going on this trip mid-October (11th onwards)?  I booked a few weeks ago as I've always wanted to go to Tibet, but I have to say recent events have dampened my enthusiasm a little as I hate to see what's going on there. 

If anyone out there has been on this trip before, hints and tips (what they forget to tell you in the trip information) would be very welcome.  Fellow travellers on the 11th October trip, get in touch too!

Susan

white rabbit

HI Susan

I did this trip last September with mu husband and I really couldnt fault it. It was amazing! Very much hope you still get to go as you would miss out on some fantastic experiences. Only word of warning - camping just below Base Camp is cold beyond belief - I slept in a 4 season bag wearing multiple layers and my north face coat and was still freezing. Apart from that it was a trip I will never forget. OUr guide was Lakpa - he was brilliant as were the Tibetan guides and drivers. All very friendly and in terms of value for money - excellent.

Barbara K

Hi Susan,

I've just discovered this forum and good to make contact with a fellow traveller - makes it real!

Yes - I'm going on the trip leaving 11th Oct. I haven't been to Tibet before but lived with a Tibetan couple for a while and have wanted to go since getting to know them.

Like you I'm keen to hear from others who are either going this time or who have been in the past.

Barbara. 

Barbara K

Barbara

Hello Susan,

Sadly, after discussion with Exodus folks, I've decided to cancel and won't be making it to Tibet. I'm a member of Free Tibet and this is frowned upon by the Chinese Authorities. As things are a little 'delicate' at the moment I thought best not to risk it.

I'll be thinking of you all and wish you a safe and wonder filled trip.

Barbara. 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936