morocco 27th july

hello!

anyone else going to morocco?

it would be great to hear from you if you are.

Em

Hi, I'm going on the Highlights of Morocco trip. It's my first visit to Morocco as well as my first Exodus holiday - any helpful hints on what to pack (or not pack!) would be gratefully received.

Only a week to go - can't wait!!!

grays

I've never been either and am wondering what to pack! We're not much help to each other so far are we?! Looking forward to meeting you and having a great time in all our varied activities - it all sounds fantasic, doesn't it.

Em

Oh good - someone else who doesn't know exactly what they are doing! I've been trying to break in my walking boots in the Cotswolds over the last couple of weeks in preparation for the Atlas mountains but that's all. Em

Em

Hello! Agree with the list of things to look forward to - although will also add not being at work (I'm a teacher) and seeing a bit of sunshine!! Seem to have avoided blisters so far - a friend who has been on a similar holiday with Exodus but not to Morocco recommended either boots or some tougher "off-the-road" walking sandels for the mountain walking but I hope my flip-fops will be ok for the rest.

Are you flying out from Heathrow? From the info sent through it doesn't sound like we'll be meeting up officially until we get to Casablanca. We should keep an eye out for the tell-tale Exodus label on our bags and meet up for coffee sometime before we board the plane. I'm really looking forward to the social side of the holiday too.

Not long to go now!

grays

I felt sure there would be a fair smattering of teachers in our party as I don't suppose many others are mad enough to brave morocco in August!

I broke up yesterday so can now concentrate on packing, changing my mind, repacking,  etc. Steve, my other half (also coming on the trip) broke up last week and will probably start packing some time on Sunday.

I've googled the first hotel we're staying in and it looks quite comfortable (probably a bit more comfortable than we're used to, to be honest) although it doesn't look much from the outside.

Happy packing, see you soon, Rachel

grays

Hi Em

I've just realised it looks as if I ignored your suggestion of meeting up before the flight, sorry about that. It's a great idea. Any particular distinguishing features (other than the exodus luggage tags)?!

I've just been looking on the web at somebody's photos of Anmiter - it looks stunning!

Not long now, Rae

Em

Hi Rachel

No obvious distinguishing features I'm afraid - will look out for two intrepid travellers hovering around the Starbucks once I've checked in!

See you tomorrow - hope the packing is going ok. I've given up for now...

Em

grays

Hi Em

Our greatest distinguishing feature will be the three lovely teenagers with us (one of whom is 6'3")! See you there, Rae

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936