Highlights of Peru and Galapagos

We know that there are 12 of us booked on this trip. It would be nice to make contact before we set off on what we hope will be an amazing adventure. Although we have been on several Exodus holidays this is our first trip to South America and we are getting very excited. Memories of getting out of breath at high altitude in Tibet are spurring us on to improve our fitness before our day on the Inca Trail. After reading a suggested equipment list for the rainforest in Wanderlust we purchased waterproof ponchos  and they have already proved useful, keeping us completely dry in heavy rain at one of the Audley End outdoor concerts. We think one challenge will be keeping luggage to the minimum on this trip. Any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received.

Hoping for some replies.

Carolyn & Giles Brown

pat witherspoon

Hi Carolyn

There are four of us going on the trip, all 'oldies'but well travelled. I think you are correct about luggage. A friend did the trip last year and said space was at a premium especially on the boat. She said it was one of her best experiences. Look forward to meeting you.

Pat and John Witherspoon with our friends Gill and David Eley

CarolynB

Hi Pat & Co,

I was so pleased to see that, at last someone had replied to my first posting. Giles and I are also travelling with friends, Elain and Colin Wright. I think we could also be described as 'oldies' who are reasonably well travelled. I understand from Exodus that there are twelve of us in the party, which will be cosy and I believe we are all of a similar age!

I've recently been in contact with Exodus about the weight limit on bags on the train we take part way to Machu Picchu. I gleaned the information from Wanderlust Magazine. Apparently we leave our bags/cases in the hotel in Cusco and take with us anything we need for overnight in Machu Picchu in our daysacks which we carry on the trail. This wasn't clear in the Trip notes but they said they would inform everyone.

We haven't purchased our dollars yet, hoping the rate will continue to improve a little from the last week or so. However the taxi to the airport has been booked. We all live in North/North East London so we are fairly convenient for Heathrow. If we don't identify our fellow travellers there I,m sure we will catch up in the Transit Lounge in Madrid.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Carolyn Brown

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936