Trip to Everest Base Camp

A little over six weeks to go, and looking forward to it very much.  What about others?

NaderMmtaawae

Hi. my name is Nader and am also going on this trip together with another friend Tom. We are both currently working and living in Oman. Have you done alot of training and preparation? Have you done similar trecks beofre? Any last minute advice?

Charlotte Fish

hey, i on this trip too, just me on my own i have no friends coming with me, im so excited, but i have been told that if i tip too much it really upsets people i.e. if a son comes home with more money than the father :(. i dont want to step on anybodys toes!! cant wait to meet everybody!! ><>

jfleming

Hi.  I am Jim. My partner (Alwyn) and I are doing this trip - fulfilling her longstanding wish.   We have been walking a lot in Scotland but have never been on a trek before. Really looking forward to it.

Charlotte Fish

Well hello Jim and Alwyn at least i know there is going to be at least 1 other woman on the trip!! where abouts in scotland do you go walking? i currently live in aberdeen, but know the area around fort william very well after working with duke of edinburgh groups. where abouts are you from? is anybody else getting the flight from heathrow to kathmandu via bahrain?? ><>

jfleming

Hello again.  We are not flying via Bahrain. We come from the Edinburgh area and do most of our walking around Callendar and Perthshire at weekends, and have fond memories of battling with the midges in Glen Nevis!  Getting our kit together and wondering how many socks, shirts etc will be needed.

Russ7576

Hi all, Russ here from wet Gloucestershire i am coming with three others two other men and one female, Nigel, Giles & Amy. Nigel is a accomplished mountianeer having summited many major peaks in the Alps and Himalaya he has told me if anyone requires advice please feel free to contant him prior to depature.  Really looking forward to it now looking forward to meeting everone.  

Russ

Russ7576

Hi all again, realised i forgot to give everyone Nigel's e-mail address if they wanted to ask him for tips or advice. It is [email protected] . A good tip Nigel found on the October departures forum for a trip to Nepal was to download the visa form i have printed mine off filled it in and pasted my photo onto it, apparently you avoid queing at the aiport. I will attempt to copy the link in.

Russ

nigelS

Hello everyone.  I'm sure you've seen through my partner's (Russ) practical joke, I have no experience of mountaineering but I am very much looking forward to the trip and hope I can cope with altitude.  For anyone who enjoys a bit of musical bonding Russ used to play an instrument in the army and is happy to get some songs going around a camp fire.

See you all soon

Nigel

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936