TMP832 ATLAS PANORAMA - 10th August

hi

I've just booked onto this trip last minute - will be flying to Marrakesh from Manchester on Sunday evening - hopefully can meet up with everyone else sometime Sunday night!

looking foward to a  bit of sunshine

Christine 

p2510

Hi Christine - and anyone else - I am travelling from Gatwick and would love to meet up on Sunday.

Philippa

p2510

Oops! That should have been the 10th..

Hi - I'm not on this trip but have just posted a review on the main TMP page about our trip in July. One thing I meant to say was that although the heat in Marrakech is almost unbearable at times, and they do say it's cooler in the mountains, it was still very hot! So some of the group slept outside on the terrace at the gite and for this you would need a sleeping bag, but if you stay in the rooms then a mattress and clean pillow are provided and if you wanted to carry less stuff then I'd forget the sleeping bag and just use a liner. Or there are blankets etc available at the gite. I brought about half of my clothes back unused as I washed things at the gite...so time to re-think your packing?

That's my tip for the day...you're going to love that trip. Say hello to Mustapha if he's your guide.

Oh one more thing. Buy the dark blue Berber head scarf thingy at the gite (about a fiver) it really is the best thing to keep your head cool, the sun off your neck and shoulders and if the sand and dust blow up it'll keep it out of your mouth! The Berbers know best :-) 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936