ONE OF TEN!

I have just received my joining instructions for the trip and thought I would attempt to make contact with those of you who will be unfortunate enough to suffer my snoring for 16 days on the 'hill'. I did Kilimanjaro last year and sort of caught the bug but I am far from super fit and really hoping that I won't be left behind at 'dead manss outcrop'.

I would love to hear from anyone heading off on the trip so that I am a little better prepared - drop me a line if you are on this trip.

pmcaleavey

its my first time to asia never been that high before i have been trying to get as much exercise in as possible how about you i am going on the group flight are you hope to hear from you shortly paul

gudoldboy

Hi Paul, I was beginning to think tha no one was going to reply! I am on the group flight (I think) so will more than likely meet up with you at the airport. I have been trying to put some mileage in on the treadmill and haven't ben doing too bad, I did Kilimanjaro last year and to be honest, fitness wasn't the problem, the altitude did make the final climb difficult but I did manage it - slowly.

pmcaleavey

went to peru and bolivia last year i dont know if it was the food but didnt feel to good 4 a couplle of daysaround the colca canyon but i managed to do the inca trail about 14500 feet felt good doing it  did you find find the briefing note rather brief paul

gudoldboy

Went with Kuoni last year and felt much better informed when I went with them, although my brother swears by this company, I can't help feeling a little 'neglected' with questions and little in the way of answers. Did make contact with them about the food on the trail and was a little dismayed to hear that such things as 'pizzas' and 'beers' are available at most locations - felt a bit robbed with that one but will probably be grateful when I aqctualy get there.

adeliew

Hello all. Its my first time doing anything like this but I'm up for a challenge! I'm also on the group flight so will see you at the airport. Adrian

gudoldboy

Hi Adrian, thanks for making contact, well that makes three out of ten!! Where are the other seven of you?

pmcaleavey

just found out today you need 2 passport style pictures one for visa and one for your walking permitt hope that is helpful to you, paul  

Edward McL

Hello,

We have just got back from the EBC & Gokyo Lakes trip and find ourselves with 2,000 rupees we didn't know we had! They are worthless in the UK but would buy a couple of beers in Nepal. Anyone who wants them can have them for free. Emails to edward.mclaren@virgin.net

Edward McL

Hello,

We have just got back from the EBC & Gokyo Lakes trip and find ourselves with 2,000 rupees we didn't know we had! They are worthless in the UK but would buy a couple of beers in Nepal. Anyone who wants them can have them for free. Emails to edward.mclaren@virgin.net

gudoldboy

Hi again, just to let you know that I have just had contact with a gent that has just returned from this trip and even as a very experienced walker he found it exceptionally tough and possibly somewhat tougher than described in the book. He does advise that you get fitter than you have ever been in your life to stand a chance of making it and says that the cho la pass is not any fun at all!! On the plus side he does say that it will be the trip of a life time and that the lodges and the food are pretty good. I would add more but a 13 miler on the treadmill is waiting for me.

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936