ACM Mongolian Adventure departing 29th June 2012

Anyone else going on this trip. Less than  2 months to departure and just received my Mongolian visa.

Garry

I'm on the trip, Garry--US citizen so no visa required (I live in London though).  Are you on the Friday night trip out on the 29th?

Hi

Yes I am leaving on 29th but flying Air China, leaving at 13.15. For some reason I was bumped off the Korean air flight a month or so ago. I presume you are flying via Korea?

Cheers

Garry

Yes--I booked separately to get a lower rate but am on the same flights as the group.  As a US citizen, I didn't want the hassle of going via Beijing.  

Hi

I think the main advantage of flying via Bejing is that there is much less stopover time. Only a couple of hours each time. Other than that I did not really have a choice.

See you in Ulanbattar when you get there.

Hi Garry and bjkurko,

Geoff and Marg here. Not much activity on this board. We are having a week in China before joining you on 1 July. Arrived yesterday and weather is humid and thundery and cooler than usual. Looking forward to seeing you and the silent majority. Visas were a right pain but sorted in the end.

Geoff and Marg

Hi Geoff and Marg

Nice to see someone else posting. Been extremely quiet. I fly into Bejing on Saturday morning, but unfortunately only in transit. What is Bejing like?

Garry

Hi again Garry,

Beijing is a very interesting but soulless city. Plenty to see with parks and palaces, but with five ring roads you can imagine the size and difficulty travelling. A city with no significant churches is weird.

Off to Xi'an tonight to see Terracotta Army. Sleeper train should be an experience.

Geoff and Marg

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936