To go or not to go?

Is anyone canceling your trip due to the current events in Syria? 

We're on 16 April trip to Syria (cycling). Watching closely but wont cancel unless exodus pull the plug!

Due to go next Friday 8th. Wish the FO would make a decision soon. Still undecided but more worried now after the shootings in Damascus.

Booked for AXX Lebanon and Syria on 10th April, and currently not sure if I am going. Will be looking at how Friday goes as this seems to be the trigger point for demos. Intresting that the US gov have today said US citizens should not go to Syria unless essential while the FCO have't updated the UK web page since the 29th March. the friend I am travelling with seems much more relaxed and unless the FCO say a definate no, is still a definate for going. Bigtex may see you in a week!

Did You go?

Mark and Ellie

Went to Lebanon for the first 6 days, which was fab. Beirut is a kicking city and also saw some cool mountains (and it was snowing) and Baalbek was great. However while the the FCO updated to essential travel only to Syria so we did not get to go. Exodus gave us a choice and half the group went to Jordan, the other half of us had been and came home with a refund. In general the group was disappointed we could't get to Syria but when back, on reflection from the news stories it probably a good thing. Still on list to see.

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 020 8772 3936