- Europe's most challenging long distance trek made comfortable
- Walk through the 'Cirque de la Solitude'
- Luggage transportation and two tour leaders
The Grand Randonnee (GR) 20, also known as 'Fra li Monti' among the Corsicans, is arguably the finest and toughest waymarked trail in Europe.
Established in 1972 by the Regional Natural Reserve of Corsica to allow walking enthusiasts to discover the beautiful interior of Corsica, this path has grown in popularity every year. Nowadays the people passing on this grand trek are counted in their thousands.
This spectacular footpath traverses the Mediterranean island of Corsica diagonally from north to south, offering a great variety of landscapes and terrain, from the precipitous and dramatic cliff-top paths in the North to the lush green meadows in the South.
The diverse flowers, birds and animals (you might see a mouflon if you're lucky!), encounters with local shepherds or hikers from all over the world, or the sensation of walking across the roof of the world are some of the many magical moments which you will take home as souvenirs of an unforgettable adventure.
The GR20 is notoriously difficult due to the lack of water and poor accommodation in over-crowded mountain huts along the route. This new itinerary takes away the hassles as we stay in privately owned refuges, only carry daypacks and take a rest day in the beautiful citadel of Corte, allowing us to enjoy the beautiful walking.
We also have two tour leaders walking with the group on all departures for added flexibility in our routes. An incredible and legendary hike finally made more comfortable!
WHY BOOK WITH EXODUS?
• There is no need to carry a heavy rucksack. We transport your luggage so that you have access to your belongings on most days of the trek leaving you free to travel light.
• Unlike other companies we pre book all our accommodation ensuring you have a bed for each night and avoid jostling for a place in a mountain hut.
• We avoid staying in the official GR20 refugees, notoriously dirty and extremely overcrowded. We stay in privately-owned gites with smaller dormitories and hot showers
• We include a free day in the beautiful town of Corte and spend three nights in a hotel with private facilities to give you enough time to relax within this challenging itinerary.
• We have 2 tour leaders on all departures to ensure safety.
What makes this trip responsible?
Throughout this trek we stay in family-run mountain refuges helping to support the mountain community. While trekking our leaders and support staff work hard to ensure our groups leave minimal impact on the areas they walk, taking all litter and recycling where possible.
Following the GR20 route