Lapland Adventure

Hi Guys

Am looking to book the Lapland adventure to travel on the 21st December.

Anyone been on it before? Any tips? What goes on on Christmas Day

Neil

Bee

Hey Neil,

I went on the Lapland Adventure and Ice Hotel trip on 22nd Dec 07 and found it absolutely fantastic. You can find my review next the trip on Exodus. If you drink and/or smoke I definately recommend you take supplies with you as there aren't many shops available. It will be dark also for most of the day, light only between 10am and 2 pm so take a good head torch with you!

As for Christmas day, on my trip it wasn't really celebrated although the guides do do a traditional Swedish buffet on Christmas eve, not quite the turkey feast we indulge in over here! We were Snowmobiling on Chrismas day which was ace! If you are looking to get away from it all at Chrismas this trip will definately fulfil that, I guess it depends on your guide though!!

Hope that helps

Sal

Can you advise me of the sort of time you spend on each excursion?

Bee

Hi Neil,

On my trip we had free time on the first day, the guides showed us around our lodge but that was it. The following day we were out all day cross-country skiing (which I found most difficult lol) approx 4 - 6 hours with lunch thrown in, that trip started from the other lodge (which has no electric or running water) and we stayed there overnight (sauna included). Then following day it was back to the main lodge for our Christmas eve Swedish buffet. On Christmas day we were Snow-mobiling which also was around 4 - 6 hours. For the two days after that it was dog sledding, staying overnight in the Wilderness lodge, again about 4-6 hours a day. On the last day we had a short time to shower and pack before going to see the (purposely tourist-fied!) Saami and then on to the Icehotel for a quick look about before dinner. There are bars here but it is very expensive! Overnight stay and breakfast then back to airport, gone all too quickly!!

Sal

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936