Pyrenees : The GR10

Myself and partner Andy have just booked for the 17th - 31st August trip. This will be our fourth trip with Exodus, having previously done Tour de Mont Blanc, Kilimanjaro Rongai Route & Polish High Tatras. Really looking forward to trekking in the Pyrenees.

Anyone else booked on this one?

JuliaE

Hi Cathy

Looks like I'll be meeting you and Andy in a few weeks then!  It's my zillionth Exodus trip - I'm on my 10% discount - so I must like them!  I desperately need to do something pretty concerted about the fitness situation, so hopefully promising that I will, and that I won't be slowing the group down, means I'll get on with it!  I really hope we'll get away from it all, and the campsites won't be too packed.  Never been there before, have you? Look forward to meeting you, let's hope for sun!  Julia

Hi Julia

Hurrah! I was beginning to wonder if we were the only ones on this trip... I posted this absolutely ages ago and no-one replied! Great to hear from you.

We're slowly working up to our 10% discount too! Hoping to do a Himalaya trip in April next year.

I've only been to the Spanish Pyrenees before and that was for uni fieldtrip years ago and not really a holiday, so looking forward to this trip a lot - especially the nights in mountain huts which will be a new experience for us. Been doing some training but been a bit slack this week - it's far too hot! Just been reading some of the trip reviews one of which says "surprisingly hard work" though... oh dear!

Are you flying out on the group flight?

JuliaE

Yes I'm on the group flight.  I have a nasty feeling that's going to involve some tricky travel to Gatwick in the small hours, I haven't quite worked that one out yet.  I did stay is a hut once in Corsica, and it was pretty basic - we were all together on huge big bunks end-on, if that makes sense.  The closest comparison in terms of arrangement I can think of is those pictures of Auschwitz blocks.. Anyway it was interesting, what with the snorers in the group.  I have been to much plusher looking huts since though, for lunches etc.  I can't say those are the bits I'm most looking forward to!  Yes I am still daunted by the fact that is sounds quite tough, and my lack of fitness...  However, I am keen to get away, and a change is as good as a rest etc!  See you very soon.

Julia 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936