Kenya & Tanzania & Zanzibar

Hello to anyone else who is going on this trip and who have successfully navigated their way through this new medium.

We (Lydia & Peter) are going on this trip and looking forward to meeting the rest of the group. My husband is a solicitor and I was an Academic (biochemist) now turned part time student.

This is our 4th time with Exodus having done the Mont Blanc circuit and two trips treking in the Everest region of Nepal. However it is only our second time in Africa. We visited Namibia two years ago.

I have been signed up to do a travel talk on this trip to the local  travel club so I will be the one of the pair of us behind the camera.

Look forward to meeting up.

Lydia & Peter

bilmh

Is there no one else going on this trip ?

Lydia

Hi Lydia - I'm afraid I'm not going on this trip but since nobody else has replied I thought I would tell you that I did this trip in 2000, and i don't think I've had a more enjoyable holiday (apart from the 7 other Exodus trips I've done)  I think it was a combination of majestic scenery, awesome wildlife,  a good bunch on tour, and a good pair of leaders (Marcus & Freddy) that really made it. You will certainly have much material to do your travel talk. However, we never made it to Zanzibar in 2000 due to some political unrest on the island. As an alternative for that part of the trip we came to an idyllic spot called Pangani Beach - a place straight from a Bounty commercial. I found the Kenya/Tanzania adventure pretty much all one can ask for. It certainly left an impression on me for the rest of my life and I'm sure it will do the same for you.

PS you pair must have the same tastes as me - I've also been to Namibia and Nepal.    

Munch

kallan2

Howdy Lydia, Peter

I'm a fellow adventurer on this trip - really looking forward to it!  

I'm a Kiwi who has been living in London for the past 7 years. This is my first Exodus experience, but have travelled with a similar small group tour to trek in Vietnam.

Work in Marketing and PR – but have taken six months off to kick back and see a bit more of the world. Recently spent time in Croatia, Montenegro and Spain – but expect Africa to be another highlight. Haven't been to Africa (well, with the exception of Egypt) before and have always wanted to go on safari.

Leaving my hubby at home for this trip but then return to Zanzibar with him at the end of September for a longer beach break. Africa twice in a month – spoilt, I know!

Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the crew on Saturday.

Kimberley

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936