Excited but worried to!!

Hi, We are new to Exodus and are really looking forward to this trip (hopefully - not sure about how hard the walking will be!!). Would like to hear from others who are on the trip before we to either allay our fears or share our concerns. Flying out of London City Airport Saturday morning.

inb_edin

Hi,

I am on the trip leaving on the 8th so will let you know.  I have been with Exodus several times and their trip notes give a very good indication of how it will be.  Their grading system works well.  I am more concerned about the weather as I want some blue sky walking...

inb_edin

Hi

just back from the trip.  Can't praise the guide (Oliver) enough.  He will set a pace that suits everyone and it is really steady.  Anyone who wants to press on can leave the group if they want, and he provides a number of "options" for the less fit to take short cuts.  But because he sets such a nice pace there is no problem.  Frequent stops to hear endless interesting facts, lots of stops at refuges and endles terrible jokes (you can tell him I said that !).  The tracks are great and the Scenery is truly spectacular.

At the chalet, Elaine is a great cook and the meals are tremendous.  Make full use of sauna and then lie in the spa tub in the garden and gaze at the summit of Mont Blanc !

Jealous that my trip is over and yours has still to come. 

ssmith1

Thanks for telling us how good the holiday will be, really looking forward to it now!!!

From what you've said we've not much to fear from the walking. Did you get your wish for good weather??? What sort of temperatures was it, and what type of clothes were you walking in??

Hopefully our trip will be as enjoyable as yours.

PS - we'll be sure to tell Oliver your feedback on his jokes!!!

inb_edin

weather was (almost) perfect.  4 days of blue sky and sunshine and then one day walking in the clouds !  You will need to go prepared for all weather - from hot sunshine to snow.  On our last day snow was forcast to fall at 2000 meters.  So you will need sunhat and sun glasses but also warm hat, gloves, several layers (tee shirt, fleece, thick fleece and goretex waterproofs).  One day we were in tee shirts.  The next we wore hat and gloves.   The paths are all very good.  Some of us wore boots but some wore approach shoes. 

When you arrive Oliver can drop you off in Chamonix and you can buy anything you need in any of the numerous gear shops.  Not cheapest place to shop, so best getting it before you go. 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936