High Inca Trail

Hi

Is anyone booked to go on the High Inca Trial Trip departing on the 12th Oct from Heathrow?

Barbara Mc

Hi - I am. I'm going with my boyfriend. Really looking forward to the holiday but very nervous of my fitness level which is not what was planned when I booked this. I'm hoping sheer force of will, a ton of ibuprofen and at worst a tow from a mule is going to get me over the mountains.

icox

Ian cox

icox

Hi Barbara

I am sure everyone on this trip is worried about their fitness but I am sure we will manage. Some friends of mine did the trail last year and have told me to take good waterproofs because when it rains you will need them. Might see you at the check-in with your Exodus kit bag.

Ian cox

Barbara Mc

Off to upgrade mine at the weekend I think.  Only 7 of us on the trip apparently - I doubt we can miss each other at 5.25 on a Sunday morning with those bags!.

Ursula Vinten

Hi

I'm coming but am flying from Bristol to Amsterdam, then to Lima.  I have got my waterproofs but am really worried about not being fit enough as Barbara is - my training regime never really took off!   Am still trying to finish a last minute report at work on Sat aftn so have final packing to do later.  I will probably meet you all in Lima.

Ursula

Rob A

Hi Folks,

I did this trip in October last year and really enjoyed it! I just thought i would offer a few words following on from my experience. Our group consisted of 7 people and i found it a really good number, a bit more close-knit than 15 people i went to Morocco with last month. You will also enjoy the feeling of solitude for the first couple of days before you join the main Inca Trail and all the other trekkers.

The first thing i would recommend is to take an aluminium drinks bottle such as a Sigg. We got ours filled up with hot water before bedtime every night and they definately kept the chill away as it was snowing outside whilst camped under Salcantay!! On the subject of water, a bladder such as a camelbak is a good idea as it means you dont have to keep stopping to take a bottle from your rucksack etc.

If you are hiring a sleeping bag as some of our group did, just bear in mind that the weight of them plus your thermarest will be 4-5kg, ie half of your maximum kitbag weight on the Inca Trail.

If you have the same chef as we did, then the food will be excellent. Juan the guide was also fantastic. Hope you all have a great trip!!

Rob A

Just realised you had all left before i posted my reply! Doh!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936